• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2023 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Thread

Leonard played in 7 games, 3 of which were against Lafayette, Northwestern and UCONN. Leonard also averages 6 yards a carry this season, which none of our QBs could fathom.
He also played entire games or part of games against Clemson, Notre Dame, Louisville and FSU.

Then it doesn't seem to be a problem that staff will have addressed prior to starting next season. Also Phil Steele's and PFF opinion.
Again, if they couldn't get more in the portal, what choice do they have than to go into next season with what we have? You act like that's some vote of confidence of our Oline play this year.

Sharpe is like getting someone from the portal. He was lost for the season in week 2. Very talented.

Again, if they couldn't get more in the portal, what choice do they have than to go into next season with what we have? You act like that's some vote of confidence of our Oline play this year.
Last time I checked only 25% of the 1600 players who have entered the portal have committed anywhere, so there are plenty more O line options out there the staff could go for it they feel the need to improve the line.

Last time I checked only 25% of the 1600 players who have entered the portal have committed anywhere, so there are plenty more O line options out there the staff could go for it they feel the need to improve the line.
I'll give you they may feel the attainable portal options aren't as good as trying to develop the guys we have, but again, that doesn't mean they were good last season. The guy they did take is a decent player on an FCS Indiana State team, if that was the best we could get, than trying to develop the guys we're got might be a better option.

As it stands, 17 of our 87 scholarships are going to OL. We can only tie up so many at one position even if it wasn't good. I'm sure the coaching staff is hoping many of those backups develop into playable options this year -- while adding Trost and keeping Gordon gives us our two starters at what was looking like the biggest weak spot (T).

Who is projected to be our starting LT next year? Gordon is RT and Clapp is gone.

Gordon has and can play tackle on either side. Eric Russell played OT throughout the season last year (he's 6-8 301). ISU transfer Keagan Trost is expected to play tackle, and there are a couple of freshman that redshirted that could step up by next Fall, Uber Ajongo and George Steith. Also, not beyond the realm of possibility that WF adds another OL from the portal.

I’m surprised they haven’t moved Gordon to LT, being that he is one of our best OLs that was pursued with $$$ by other schools. But may be he is dominant at RT and they don’t want to mess with that.

Back