• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2023 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Thread

The initial 15-year seats rights deal which was instituted after the Orange Bowl "euphoria" is expiring. Haven't studied it in detail yet, but an email from Wake Athletics today says that you can now "guarantee" your seats on an annual basis w/o having to do long-term seats rights. My guess is that this year's 4-8 record and general uncertainty about Wake and college football in general going forward is making 15-year renewal a tough sell. Plus, just based on who I see in the seats on a regular basis, a lot of them either may not even be here, or unable to get up/down the steps in 15 or less years, so that makes it even tougher to sell.

Griffis is far too easy to find on all these charts. Just look in the lower left corner and he’s usually chilling alone, legs stretched out, wondering why all the other quarterbacks are complaining about being crowded.

Griffis is far too easy to find on all these charts. Just look in the lower left corner and he’s usually chilling alone, legs stretched out, wondering why all the other quarterbacks are complaining about being crowded.
Kind of. Sometimes he is literally so bad that he's an outlier and not on the charts...

Notice Griffis is right beside ODU’s QB who allowed a large percentage of Wake’s total sacks this season.

griffis literally the worst in the country at avoiding sacks, which shouldn't be surprising at all but while i always thought griffis made the o-line look worse than they were, i didn't realize it was to this extent. maybe our offensive line wasn't bad at all -- gives me more hope for next year since the majority of those guys should be coming back.

also i wonder if this is one of the skills that is toughest to tease out in practice. i would say that riley skinner's biggest strength was pocket presence, and he was the opposite of griffis, unimpressive in practice but good in real games.

Last edited:
griffis literally the worst in the country at avoiding sacks, which shouldn't be surprising at all but while i always thought griffis made the o-line look worse than they were, i didn't realize it was to this extent. maybe our offensive line wasn't bad at all -- gives me more hope for next year since the majority of those guys should be coming back.
Pass attempts per sack:
Griffis - 5.9
Kern - 8.4
Santino - 7.0

Maye - 14.7
Travis - 23.1
Klubnik - 20.7
Leonard - 23.6

The initial 15-year seats rights deal which was instituted after the Orange Bowl "euphoria" is expiring. Haven't studied it in detail yet, but an email from Wake Athletics today says that you can now "guarantee" your seats on an annual basis w/o having to do long-term seats rights. My guess is that this year's 4-8 record and general uncertainty about Wake and college football in general going forward is making 15-year renewal a tough sell. Plus, just based on who I see in the seats on a regular basis, a lot of them either may not even be here, or unable to get up/down the steps in 15 or less years, so that makes it even tougher to sell.
Saw that email. It’s more pointless money to the AD where you get nothing in return. Give your money to NIL, Deacon Club, Seat’s rights, etc. have no payoff. It’s literally flushing money down the toilet.

I honestly don’t know how in the world PFF deemed this to be the case. I know sacks impacted our horrible rushing stats, but we were pretty fucking horrible running the ball.

1702757675611.png

It's just ... it's got some value. I love the counting stats for WRs and DBs as far as targets, catch %, etc.

When you find out it's just sleep-deprived college kids logging those grades for pennies on the hour, you realize the inaccuracy. I'll always remember Traveon Redd having a 100.0 grade in pass coverage against Army in '21 because of the pick-6 on their fake FG ... or in this year's Wake-Duke game, Jasheen Davis didn't get credit from PFF for his strip-sack in the first half (nor did the Duke RT get charged with allowing a sack).

If you've got data no one else has, people either won't question the veracity or those questions don't matter to those reporting it. We see it with everything from Madden grades to election/political polling.

Back