• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official ACC Basketball Thread: UVA beats Maryland in overtime!

Saturday, January 5

Wake Forest 62 @ #1 Duke 80
#23 NC State 78 @ Boston College 73
Virginia Tech 71 @ Maryland 94
Miami 62 @ Georgia Tech 49
Florida St 71 @ Clemson 66

Don't you have a conference to go to?

yeah, ACC conference strength in 2012-2013 definitely doesn't affect a team fighting for a tourney bid with one of the worst out-of-conference schedules in basketball

Anyways UNC @ Virginia tonight 8:00 PM ESPNU

UVA/Carowhina is the perfect example of my "Crazy Line Theory". I don't care how badly Carowhina has played or where the game is, it's plain crazy that a team who lost to George Mason, Delaware and Old Dominion should be favored over them.

UVA has one guy who would get lots of minutes for UNC.

Could Forest coach the Holes to lose? Absolutely, but it should never happen.

When lines are crazy, you bet the crazy side.

Kenpom is off on some of those. MD, State and UNC are too low, and Miami is a bit high (especially with Johnson gone till late February). And trust me, UVA is WAY too high. They have a 2nd team SF and 2 improved and underrated PFs in Atkins and Mitchell (who will dominate us inside). But without Brogdon and Evans, they have NO guards. They've been starting Tevin Jones at PG, who is a freshman and maybe not quite as good as his namesakes at Wake, and Jesperson at SG, who is a weak sophomore SF. And they have an interesting freshman big man who is a bit of a project. They'll have a losing record in the ACC unless they can get Evans back, and word today is he's going to give his stress fractured foot a go. Best of luck to them - I'm taking an old UNC friend - detente and all. I also don't think we'll be last. Every team outside of the Research Triangle is weak save maybe Md@Alaska. We'll have enough decent shooting nights to win 5-6, which should be more than BC and maybe another weak sister or 2.

After yesterday's action:
-Miami moves up to 12-6
-Maryland moves up to 10-8
-Florida St moves up to 9-9
-Wake Forest moves up to 5-13 (seriously)
-Georgia Tech moves down to 8-10
-Clemson moves down to 7-11

(Does it make sense that 4 teams gain a win while only 2 teams lose a win? No. Error is rounding.)

In standings form:
1) #4 Duke: 16-2
2) #22 Miami: 12-6
3) #25 Virginia: 12-6
4) #38 North Carolina St: 11-7
5) #36 North Carolina: 10-8
6) #51 Maryland: 10-8
7) #70 Florida St: 9-9
8) #71 Georgia Tech: 8-10
9) #82 Clemson: 7-11
10) #147 Virginia Tech: 5-13
11) #157 Wake Forest: 5-13
12) #151 Boston College: 4-14

If IVA comes anywhere near 12-6, this is the worst ACC in history. They suck very badly. In a normal year, it would be a miracle if the Hoos won six games.

only took 15 minutes of game time before unc was called for their first foul of the game vs. uva. 23-20 unc up now

Forest is doing another terrible jobs coaching the Holes. This games shouldn't be close. Put Bullock on Harris and pound the ball inside on offense.

Coach Forest Coach...

This is ACC basketball. You were expecting more?

Is keeper their clock operator? Good lord

the whole country is like this when you get beyond the clear top 1 or 2 teams in each conference. This is your 7/10 or 8/9 game in the ncaa tournament.

Neither of these teams deserve to be in the same city as an NCAA game.

I don't think UVA had a turnover in the last 18 minutes or so.

Back