• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official ACC Basketball Thread: UVA beats Maryland in overtime!

Clemson at Duke tonight on ESPNU. KenPom spread is 19. Duke's win probability is 95%.

After Duke, Clemson hosts Virginia. Decent chance they are 0-3 in conference when we head to Littlejohn next week.

It may just be my perception, but doesn't it seem like Duke starts off every ACC season with a couple of conference creampuffs at home to get them off to a nice 2-0 start? I swear it seems like they open at home with Clemson every year (and I don't want to comment on how much it hurts that Wake was the designated creampuff this year).

I think that's true. Of course the best memory of this was in 1995 when Duke started with Clemson at home and got beat in the back breaker game.

I went and looked, and Duke opened on the road last season at Georgia Tech (which was really one of Coach K's favored "neutral-site" games since they were still renovating Alexander). The last time they oponed on the road prior to that was the 2003-2004 season when their first two games were on the road--@Clemson and @UVa. Interesting.

Clemson and Duke have both failed to make a FG (0/15) in 5 minutes of game time. The score is 2-1. Terrible.

Yet another team that "played with" Duke for the first 8 minutes, yet is going to get their ass beat #foolsgold #Bzzstillsucks

Clemson is 3-24 with 57.2 left in the half. Duke is 9-30.

Duke wins 68-40. Clemson had 10 points at the half. They made 1 jumpshot the entire game (and it was with a minute left). Their defense is good, but their offense is so bad, they might be on the same tier as VT/BC/Wake.

Duke wins 68-40. Clemson had 10 points at the half. They made 1 jumpshot the entire game (and it was with a minute left). Their defense is good, but their offense is so bad, they might be on the same tier as VT/BC/Wake.

Na, we aren't that bad......young team playing at Duke.....it happens.

It may just be my perception, but doesn't it seem like Duke starts off every ACC season with a couple of conference creampuffs at home to get them off to a nice 2-0 start? I swear it seems like they open at home with Clemson every year (and I don't want to comment on how much it hurts that Wake was the designated creampuff this year).

Here is the news flash, ESPN has a say in the schedule. I believe it is a fact that ESPN pushes to get some of dook's potential blow out games out of the way right up front. So you are likely to see the potential cream puffs of the ACC in dooks first couple of games.

Surely you don't think we play dook twice in January because the schedule randomly came up that way? And while Wake used to traditionally end the season with NC State (our designated rival), we now get random teams for the last game but for dook it's always UNC.

I'm going to the Dook/State game in Raleigh Saturday. I'm really hoping Dook goes down in a big way. State is so streaky though.

So what could be Bzzz's crowning achievement is still in tact, being the only ACC team to lose by less than 20 in Cameron this year. Wellman is already planning the contract extension presser I've heard.

I'm going to the Dook/State game in Raleigh Saturday. I'm really hoping Dook goes down in a big way. State is so streaky though.

If State had a good game coach, they could beat Duke. They have the talent and the match-ups to do it.

I just hate Wake being referred to as a "creampuff", even if it is true, on Dook's schedule.

If Kelly doesn't play, State should be able to exploit that matchup.

Kelly is out? If so pound every play inside and then dish to wood if Duke collapses.

4 games tonight, all available on ESPN3. Here's the schedule with KenPom ranks and spreads:

7:00 #146 Boston College @ #147 Virginia Tech (-4 ... 64%)
8:00 #72 Georgia Tech @ #35 North Carolina St (-8 ... 76%)
8:00 #70 Florida St @ #48 Maryland (-6 ... 72%)
9:00 #28 Virginia (-7 ... 77%) @ #156 Wake Forest

Huge day in the battle for last, with VT and BC squaring off. VT is absolutely in free-fall right now, having lost 5 of 7, dropping 85 spots in the process. They do have home-court tonight though. Matchup of the two worst defenses in the conference, should lead to a high-scoring affair.

The other 3 games are all NCAAT relevant. Based on the KenPom percentages, there's a 58% chance that one of Maryland/NC State/Virginia loses tonight, which would be a bad loss on their March resumes.

Last edited:
4 games tonight, all available on ESPN3. Here's the schedule with KenPom ranks and spreads:

7:00 #146 Boston College @ #147 Virginia Tech (-4)
8:00 #72 Georgia Tech @ #35 North Carolina St (-8)
8:00 #70 Florida St @ #48 Maryland (-6)
9:00 #28 Virginia (-7) @ #156 Wake Forest

Huge day in the battle for last, with VT and BC squaring off. VT is absolutely in free-fall right now, having lost 5 of 7, dropping 85 spots in the process. They do have home-court tonight though. Matchup of the two worst defenses in the conference, should lead to a high-scoring affair.

The other 3 games are all NCAAT relevant. Based on the KenPom percentages, there's a 58% chance that one of Maryland/NC State/Virginia loses tonight, which would be a bad loss on their March resumes.

What are the odds for each game?

Back