• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official ACC Basketball Thread: UVA beats Maryland in overtime!

Lewis finishes with 13-6-3 with no turnovers in his first start and it was in Cameron. He's a good player.

Wish we had gotten Tyler but we had no chance. We also missed out on Reggie Johnson 5 years ago because we didn't offer. He went to Miami & redshirted, meanwhile we get the vaunted A T & T class and Ty Walker ended up all that didn't he?

Wait were they really chanting about her? Tyler was really close to her too. That's a really low blow.

Saw it on my twitter feed so its far from gospel. I'm sure some NcSU fans will have our pitchforks up in arms soon if its true

I think Virginia should be a tourney team, but their projected RPI is 85 and I just don't know if that is good enough. It would certainly be an all-time low for an at-large.

Last edited:
Lewis finishes with 13-6-3 with no turnovers in his first start and it was in Cameron. He's a good player.

You like the kid. We get it. I still wouldn't take him over CMM. Not even close.

There's a reason he wasn't seeing the floor early this year. There's also the fact that teams have 4 serious offensive weapons to account for in Leslie, Howell, Wood, and Warren. They aren't exactly game planning to stop the undersized freshman PG who just got his first start. We'll see what happens next year when he MIGHT be the starter.

You like the kid. We get it. I still wouldn't take him over CMM. Not even close.

There's a reason he wasn't seeing the floor early this year. There's also the fact that teams have 4 serious offensive weapons to account for in Leslie, Howell, Wood, and Warren. They aren't exactly game planning to stop the undersized freshman PG who just got his first start. We'll see what happens next year when he MIGHT be the starter.

I think the main reason he wasn't seeing time is because Lorenzo Brown is going to be drafted next year in the NBA. He definitely has a lot of talent around him, but the point is that he didn't commit any turnovers in Cameron in his first start. That's pretty damn impressive. Furthermore he was the only State player who didn't look completely lost for the first ten minutes of the game and was willing to be aggressive and run an actual offense. Everyone else was just standing around doing nothing.

People on here have shit on him all year and he's a good player. That's all I've ever said.

Lo Brown is why he wasn't seeing the floor much. He'd put a bunch of guys on the bench.

Saw it on my twitter feed so its far from gospel. I'm sure some NcSU fans will have our pitchforks up in arms soon if its true

Kind of like State fans chanting about CP3's grandpa? "I killed your grandpa...clap, clap, clap clap clap"

I was at the nutpunch game and heard all of it.

To quote the great Julius Hodge #douchebagORPHANS

Kind of like State fans chanting about CP3's grandpa? "I killed your grandpa...clap, clap, clap clap clap"

I was at the nutpunch game and heard all of it.

To quote the great Julius Hodge #douchebagORPHANS

Hence my first post saying "I know I as a NCSU fan can't say much...."

And for the record I was at every game in the Joel that season cheering my balls off for the deacs, don't get all high and mighty on me. Read the whole thread and have some context.

I think the main reason he wasn't seeing time is because Lorenzo Brown is going to be drafted next year in the NBA. He definitely has a lot of talent around him, but the point is that he didn't commit any turnovers in Cameron in his first start. That's pretty damn impressive. Furthermore he was the only State player who didn't look completely lost for the first ten minutes of the game and was willing to be aggressive and run an actual offense. Everyone else was just standing around doing nothing.

People on here have shit on him all year and he's a good player. That's all I've ever said.

Well he's looked like shit all year in limited minutes all year until the past two games. I have to say, I did not think he was at all capable of those performances against legitimate competition. You can't tell me he wasn't getting minutes only because of Brown. Why didn't he get some of Purvis' minutes? Anyways, Go Deacs.

Hence my first post saying "I know I as a NCSU fan can't say much...."

And for the record I was at every game in the Joel that season cheering my balls off for the deacs, don't get all high and mighty on me. Read the whole thread and have some context.

Not getting all high and mighty but State has absolutely no room to complain about anything dook chanted tonight. Sucks that the kid had to hear it.

I thought I heard dook chanting "Bilbo Baggins" at him when he was shooting FT's....which is LOL funny since every dook student I've ever met looks like a freaking hobbit.

Julius Hodge @Follow24Hodge

I hope the "national media" or Swofford makes a deal about the #cameroncrazies chanting "How's your grandmother" to Tyler Lewis. RIP ma'am

I don't follow him...saw this retweeted, but I heard the state students chanting "I killed your grandpa" at the nutpunch game. I later heard that Hodge told CP3 that he killed his grandpa (or something like that) which is what lead to the nutpunch.

Wish we had gotten Tyler but we had no chance. We also missed out on Reggie Johnson 5 years ago because we didn't offer. He went to Miami & redshirted, meanwhile we get the vaunted A T & T class and Ty Walker ended up all that didn't he?

This is an outright lie. I have heard from people very, very close to Tyler that he was extremely interested in Wake Forest and had we offered we stood a great chance.

I think Virginia should be a tourney team, but their projected RPI is 85 and I just don't know if that is good enough. It would certainly be an all-time low for an at-large.

UVA is down to 1 big right now, likely for the rest of the season. I don't see them winning at MD, UNC & Miami over the next 2 weeks.

For the last fucking time, Reff and other morons, no coach in America would have taken Reggie Johnson over Ty Walker and Tony Woods. Not one. Zero. Period. End of story.

Tyler has been called into duty and responded very well. Against Miami and Duke he has 11 assists and only 1 turnover while playing 37.5 minutes per game and averaging 14.5 points. Not bad at all.

State only turned it over 7 times and basically got blown out. That's rough.

Lewis had the second best game offensively for State, behind only Scott Wood. His individual offensive rating was 154 (100 is average). Solid.

His defensive rating had to balance that out pretty well.

The combination of State not playing very good defense and Duke shooting lights out was disastrous from the start. Ty Lew handled himself about as well as could be expected for his first road start.

His defensive rating had to balance that out pretty well.

I watched him off the ball all night on defense. He certainly didn't stick out as somebody that was a weak link on defense anymore than the rest of the team did.

In limited action his defensive rating is 108.6 according to SCACCHoops.com, the exact same as Scott Wood, or for comparison for Wake, .2 worse than C.J. Harris (108.4).

There are obvious limitations to defensive rating, especially on a sample size as small as Lewis' play, but that does frame about where he is in comparison to others.

Last edited:
Back