• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official ACC Basketball Thread: UVA beats Maryland in overtime!

Virginia is literally the worst team to play with your only viable point guard injured and best player sick, especially since the refs really let it be a no holds barred mugging tonight. Not even bothered by this one, the bothering thing is the other losses

My cousin's facebook status...just sums up why I hate UNC in one post:

Yo were all my state fans at?? Lol. Damn I can't talk shit but still. And you know what we lost to them also. But there is a difference. Y'all thought y'all actually was gonna win. I know my team is young and not very good. Lol. What ever
#Tarheels4life.
#beatBC

Virginia is literally the worst team to play with your only viable point guard injured and best player sick, especially since the refs really let it be a no holds barred mugging tonight. Not even bothered by this one, the bothering thing is the other losses

State fans really do cry and whine more than any other fan base. You sound worse than hole fans. You managed to give us 3 different excuses why your all-world team sucks.

State was supposed to lose to UVA.

UNC is going to be a bubble team.

You really think UNC will end up a bubble team? They will win 6 more regular season games at least and end up with a 6 or 7 seed.

Last edited:
Clemson really really needs players. Jennings and Booker are decent, but they are seniors. I firmly believe Brownell is the best coach Clemson has ever had, but he is having a damn hard time recruiting. Obviously Clemson is a hard place to recruit to in general, but he needs to find his Shaka, or the idiot natives are going to start making more noise.

If they end up 20-11 entering the ACC tournament they'll probably be around 40th in the RPI which I think would be close to getting them in, but not a 6 or a 7 seed. I would say that's a 9 or a 10. If they only win 19 games they're squarely on the bubble IMO.

They will beat VT and us at home, so they have to win 4 of these 9. I suspect they will get at least 5 wins out of those nine game.s

Sat, Feb 9
2:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Wed, Feb 13
9:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Feb 16
12:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Tue, Feb 19
9:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Feb 23
4:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Thu, Feb 28
7:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Sun, Mar 3
2:00 PM ET CBS Conversation | Tickets
Wed, Mar 6
7:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Mar 9

Dude, your team benefited from the loosely called game. A ton of contact both ways wasn't called. That favors the thinner team. UVA has plenty of bodies they can throw in there when they're in foul trouble, whereas State is only 7 deep. Our win over State showed what happens when Howell and Leslie get in foul trouble.

I had a lot of fun at that game last night. I used to love college hoops, but I've soured on it in recent years due to the ACC's suckitude generally and our suckitude specifically. Add to that my second favorite school just jilted me by jumping to the B-10. But that was the most enjoyable game I've been to in forever. UVA has a good coach and some nice and good kids. They've had a ton of injuries they've fought through this year, and some of their freshmen are really starting to step up. They're an easy team to like. They'll be a bubble team this year, but next year they should have a strong team if they can get Brogdon back and resolve their PG situation.

Clemson really really needs players. Jennings and Booker are decent, but they are seniors. I firmly believe Brownell is the best coach Clemson has ever had, but he is having a damn hard time recruiting. Obviously Clemson is a hard place to recruit to in general, but he needs to find his Shaka, or the idiot natives are going to start making more noise.

At least half of coaching is recruiting. You don't win unless you bring in the horses. I too like Brownell, and he was 1 of the guys I would have been satisfied with had we hired him (I definitely favored him over Gregory). I think Brownell is Tony Bennett Lite - coaches a similar style with a strong emphasis on defense - but he doesn't recruit as well as Bennett does.

He's getting quality minutes from McDaniels, Hall, Roper, and Filer. That's not too shabby.

Yahoo wrote an article today about UVA on track to be the ultimate bubble team: Link

Dude, your team benefited from the loosely called game. A ton of contact both ways wasn't called. That favors the thinner team. UVA has plenty of bodies they can throw in there when they're in foul trouble, whereas State is only 7 deep. Our win over State showed what happens when Howell and Leslie get in foul trouble.

I had a lot of fun at that game last night. I used to love college hoops, but I've soured on it in recent years due to the ACC's suckitude generally and our suckitude specifically. Add to that my second favorite school just jilted me by jumping to the B-10. But that was the most enjoyable game I've been to in forever. UVA has a good coach and some nice and good kids. They've had a ton of injuries they've fought through this year, and some of their freshmen are really starting to step up. They're an easy team to like. They'll be a bubble team this year, but next year they should have a strong team if they can get Brogdon back and resolve their PG situation.

Letting mauling go on most certainly did not help our team without Lorenzo, that's hilarious that you could even think that

state fans make me laugh. this wolfpack team has early ncaa tourney flame-out written all over it.

i'm a wake fan. been one for a long time. i recognize such things.

2 games tonight, besides ours. Road team is favored in all 3, although the game in Tallahassee is essentially a toss up.

8:00 espn3 #57 Maryland @ #93 Florida State (+1) 49%
9:00 espn3 #13 Miami @ #164 Virginia Tech (+14) 11%

My cousin's facebook status...just sums up why I hate UNC in one post:

Yo were all my state fans at?? Lol. Damn I can't talk shit but still. And you know what we lost to them also. But there is a difference. Y'all thought y'all actually was gonna win. I know my team is young and not very good. Lol. What ever
#Tarheels4life.
#beatBC

Is your cousin "special?" i.e. have an intellectual disability?

state fans make me laugh. this wolfpack team has early ncaa tourney flame-out written all over it.

i'm a wake fan. been one for a long time. i recognize such things.

Is it really considered a flame-out when you get about a 10-11 seed?

Back