• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bonnie Tyler Total Eclipse thread

I came home and turned on the TV...local station is interviewing kids from my daughter's elementary school right down the street. In the background is where I was for like 2 hours. WTF. I coulda been on TV.

I was really hoping my daughter would be interviewed so they could ask her about the eclipse and she could answer them with something about Minecraft or Among Us.

I'm well within the path of totality. Interesting. But uhh, not sure it lived up to the hype. Maybe I have to be right on the line? I'm actually closer to the center line than the external bound. Completely bright day, no clouds.

Last edited:
Right when I figured out how to get a good pic the clouds took over for good.

I'm really kicking myself for not seeing totality in 2017 and missing it this year. I might need to plan a trip instead of waiting for the next one in the United States in 20 years or so.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

70 degrees and sunny in chicago and the lakefront was bumping

good time had by all

I'm well within the path of totality. Interesting. But uhh, not sure it lived up to the hype. Maybe I have to be right on the line? I'm actually closer to the center line than the external bound. Completely bright day, no clouds.
I'm no expert, but it seems a few miles makes a ton of difference when you're on the border of totality. We're just east of Cincy and the sun dimmed for a few minutes, but barely, whereas from CNN it looks like Indy, Cleveland, etc. got near-total darkness.

I'm no expert, but it seems a few miles makes a ton of difference when you're on the border of totality. We're just east of Cincy and the sun dimmed for a few minutes, but barely, whereas from CNN it looks like Indy, Cleveland, etc. got near-total darkness.
Well I was smack dab in Indy and I though it would be cooler. From what I've read if you're in the path of totality, you get the full effect, the only difference is for how long. And it's really a matter of a couple minutes more. So we got 2.5 minutes of it. Closer to the very center line would have been maybe 2 more minutes.

My favorite part was watching the horizon darken and then how rapidly it got light again. The birds went from noisy to silent, the cows started mooing in the distance, and the rednecks started hollering and shooting off fireworks.

Well I was smack dab in Indy and I though it would be cooler. From what I've read if you're in the path of totality, you get the full effect, the only difference is for how long. And it's really a matter of a couple minutes more. So we got 2.5 minutes of it. Closer to the very center line would have been maybe 2 more minutes.
We were outside the "main drag" of French Lick a bit, so very, very quiet and I guess not that different from what folks would have experienced centuries ago (minus the overwhelming buildup and hype, and a few chillly-willy's in a cooler). I don't think it would have been near as moving an experience for me if we had done it in a city and certainly not somewhere like Indy Speedway or IU's football stadium, but OTOH some folks love the communal aspect of major events so to each his own.

We were outside the "main drag" of French Lick a bit, so very, very quiet and I guess not that different from what folks would have experienced centuries ago (minus the overwhelming buildup and hype, and a few chillly-willy's in a cooler). I don't think it would have been near as moving an experience for me if we had done it in a city and certainly not somewhere like Indy Speedway or IU's football stadium, but OTOH some folks love the communal aspect of major events so to each his own.
It got dark, but more of like an eery darkness that sometimes accompanies a big storm coming. It wasn't like midnight. Actually, the biggest surprise to me was how much light a sliver of the sun being uncovered still provided. As in, the full sun was pretty well-covered, but it was still daytime sunny.

White people really cream there leggings because it gets a little darker for a couple hours.

Back