• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bonnie Tyler Total Eclipse thread

It got dark, but more of like an eery darkness that sometimes accompanies a big storm coming. It wasn't like midnight. Actually, the biggest surprise to me was how much light a sliver of the sun being uncovered still provided. As in, the full sun was pretty well-covered, but it was still daytime sunny.
Same here; even at like 99% there was still sufficient light that the other 1% was enough to putt out on 18 if you wanted to. And the difference between say 95% and 100% was like.....wait for it......night and day. That really surprised me.

Same here; even at like 99% there was still sufficient light that the other 1% was enough to putt out on 18 if you wanted to. And the difference between say 95% and 100% was like.....wait for it......night and day. That really surprised me.
Actually, this website shows that being on the center line would have only given me a few more seconds of total eclipse. So I guess I saw it all.

https://nso.edu/for-public/eclipse-map-2024/

Actually, I think the funniest thing I saw was a worker at the bar next door who got in his car and drove off like 2 minutes before the full eclipse. Like dude . . . what are you doing?

Interesting - some photos/videos I've seen from totality make it look WAY darker than I realized. And cameras normally make things look lighter than real life vs. darker. Like I had no idea it gets so dark that street lights come on/you can see the stars, etc.

Completely cloud obscured in Rochester. But it did get completely dark for several seconds. Crickets started chirping.

We were in Sandusky, OH (tough loss on that name after PSU). There the whole weekend at a Kalahari indoor water park so the kids had a ball. Watched today with 500ish people at a party with activities for the kids and the playlist that I’m sure was played all over the country. Was a just bit hazy but the visibility for totality was terrific. I was ready for it to be cool but was still surprised how amazing it was. Temperature dropped noticeably and it looked like sunset on all horizons. A great time and memory. Only negative takeaway was I was mad at myself for not making the effort in 2017.

I saw the Total Eclipse of the Point event at Cedar Point in Sandusky was pretty cool.

3 hour drive took 8 hours last night. kids got fucked

Actually, this website shows that being on the center line would have only given me a few more seconds of total eclipse. So I guess I saw it all.

https://nso.edu/for-public/eclipse-map-2024/

Actually, I think the funniest thing I saw was a worker at the bar next door who got in his car and drove off like 2 minutes before the full eclipse. Like dude . . . what are you doing?
That was kory

My sis and BIL live right in the path of totality in Southern IN. So I had a great view. The biggest surprise was the difference between not quite total and total. That small sliver of sunlight made a great difference. Also was fun because it was an "eclipse party" with their friends out on a pontoon boat in a local lake. Four minutes of totality. Just wow!.

Interesting - some photos/videos I've seen from totality make it look WAY darker than I realized. And cameras normally make things look lighter than real life vs. darker. Like I had no idea it gets so dark that street lights come on/you can see the stars, etc.
I actually think what was going on here was that people had lowered the exposure on their camera to be able to capture the eclipse itself. But it made everything else looks really dark. That said, street lights did come on probably in some places. It was more like a dusk.

Last edited:
Back