• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bowl Game Thread

Our ability to dodge Shreveport is incredible. Whoever negotiates bowl games is doing a great job.

Bummer, I was looking forward to trying mrs. Phdeac’s cooking.

It's all pretty meh from a football standpoint and completely blech from a basketball standpoint. Not much reason to think either one will change anytime soon either.

On top of that, Hatch and his henchwomen gave my fraternity the death penalty this fall for nothing more than functioning as a fraternity.

So yeah, my Wake fandom is on the wane.

Good thing you didn’t waste any time on the boards right now waiting to see where they played.

At 6-6 dude, be glad to get in a bowl against a quality opponent. This will be a high scoring game with no defense just like we had last year.

Hopefully our defense shows up like they did at Duke.
In their loss yesterday against UCF they had 583 total yds and 2 rbs rush for a combined 328 Yds.

What a terrible bowl location - was planning on going anywhere else besides maybe detroit. Oh well.

What did you guys expect? The Rose Bowl? We barely finished freaking 6-6.

Hopefully our defense shows up like they did at Duke.
In their loss yesterday against UCF they had 583 total yds and 2 rbs rush for a combined 328 Yds.

We caught Duke in a situation this year somewhat like they caught us last year--we were in last year & they needed it and vice versa. Plus they were just coming off a very physical game against Clemson so it was truly a perfect spot for us to sew up our bowl bid. We hit them in the mouth on that first drive, then kept the beat downs coming on Daniel Jones. With the Pick Six at the end of the half, the game was truly over.

This game against Memphis will have us with more rest & hopefully some players back, but Memphis has lots of firepower. Their last 5 games they have put up now 41, 52, 28, 47& 59 points. True it was AAC type competition but still a lot of points. But I can still see us in a 48-41 shootout type win.

The good for the season is 11 of 14 ACC teams go bowling. The bad is that only Duke and Clemson have OOC victories versus P5 schools. Congrats Deacs on finishing strong.

Yeah, because I'm like friends with the football team and all.

It's not about being friends with the football team it's about we have a great coach in football and everybody knows it and the kids have played with a ton of heart despite all the adversity they went through this year

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Memphis's head coach Mike Norvell has been rumored to be getting interest for some other jobs. If he leaves, that would be the third straight year the opposing head coach leaves (or gets fired) before our bowl game.

Last edited:
When we were standing at 4 wins, I had my doubts. (I know, I know.) Once they became eligible, I was really pulling for Tampa (I hate you, dook). But the bottom line? I’m really happy for the team that they are playing in a bowl, period.

Playing Memphis and Tennessee at the same time is kind of funny.

Back