• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official CFP Rankings Thread - #16 Deacs (#15 Pitt, #18 State, #20 Clemson)

Oklahoma has zero quality wins. Is Texas their best win ? Texas lost to Kansas today. OU shouldn’t be in the top 15

How the fuck is the ACC Network so oblivious to Roberson’s absent. One of the best receivers in the whole ACC

I think they hate Oklahoma as much as wake. Like someone else said though I wouldn’t be surprised at an ole miss and/or Baylor jump

Would be nice if WF and Pitt could win out, setting up a conference championship with two Top Ten teams.

Pundits all season: Wake hasn't played anyone.
Wake plays and beats someone: No bump in the rankings for you.

Wake plays and beats someone: No bump in the rankings for you.

Each week as the season goes on, our schedule gets bette than Oklahoma’s who best win is, I guess Texas?

Wake plays and beats someone: Clearly they weren’t any good if they lost to Wake.

Fixed.

We don’t have any signature wins but we have beaten every mediocre to good to we’ve faced except a road rivalry loss by 3.

I was willing to give the pollsters a little benefit of the doubt since we actually made it up as high as we did. But this just proves they don’t mean what they say and don’t give Wake or the ACC any respect unless its Clemson beating us all up. As soon as its another team beating RANKED ACC teams, they give them little to no points, but sure are they ready to whip those points back if they lose.

Not moving anywhere in the polls after beating #16 is pathetic and complete bullshit

Let's cut through the BS. If Clemson had played this exact same schedule and was 9-1, they would be 7th or better and Herbstreit would be running his mouth about Clemson "knocking on the door to get in..."

It is what it is.

We went from 763 to 851 points in the AP poll, so moved up 1.5 spots per voter. That it didn’t move us above 12th just is what it is — our game didn’t exist in a vacuum and the other teams right next to us just happened to be the only teams that beat teams ranked higher than State. Keep winning and we’d move up.

To the point that if we were named Clemson we’d be ranked higher — yep. Also is what it is. If we start winning like this every year rather than once every 15 or more years, that’ll fix itself too.

We went from 763 to 851 points in the AP poll, so moved up 1.5 spots per voter. That it didn’t move us above 12th just is what it is — our game didn’t exist in a vacuum and the other teams right next to us just happened to be the only teams that beat teams ranked higher than State. Keep winning and we’d move up.

To the point that if we were named Clemson we’d be ranked higher — yep. Also is what it is. If we start winning like this every year rather than once every 15 or more years, that’ll fix itself too.

Fair analysis. I just don’t see any reason for two 2-loss teams to jump a 1-loss team who also beat a ranked team this week

Let's cut through the BS. If Clemson had played this exact same schedule and was 9-1, they would be 7th or better and Herbstreit would be running his mouth about Clemson "knocking on the door to get in..."

It is what it is.

Of course, Herbie has had two kids on the Clemson roster. Can you say conflict of interest?

Honestly people didn’t watch the game. It was late and on the ACCN. They saw the score, figured our defense sucked again and then didn’t change their mind. It’s an indictment of the ACCN and promotion of the league as much as anything. Voters didn’t bother to watch a game between two teams in the top 25 with P5 conference championship implications. Was this game legitimately more or less significant than Ole Miss - A&M? Probably less so because neither team will win their conference.

Wake should be #10 at worst.

Oklahoma's best win is Texas, not as good as our best win. Ole Miss and Baylor have 2 losses, get in line.

Michigan needs to get out the way as well, lol why is Oklahoma St. behind them in some polls when they have 3 ranked wins and Michigan has none. Hell, Wake has a better win any of Michigans.

This is why Wake needs to finish strong. Wake finishes in the top 10 this season, and they are in the position Cincinnati is this season, but Wake has the advantage of being a P5 team. With basically everyone returning (in theory), Wake would easily be ranked in the top 15 to start the season, and then the fight is much easier.

If we want respect, go beat Clemson in Death Valley. I think they said Clemson has a 33 game home winning streak. They haven't lost at home in 5 years.

Certainly feel that as the smallest P5 school in the country we don't seem to get the love we deserve. I feel like teams like Northwestern and Baylor when they became good got a lot of national love. Do we still have the worst Div 1 winning percentage? The story lines are there but we do seem to just get an overrated label by the press.

That being said, I think if the team wants to make this a really special season you go down to Clemson and win there.

Last loss: 43-42 to Pitt on Nov. 12, 2016

As shocking as this loss was, it didn't ruin Clemson's title hopes. The Tigers wouldn't lose again in winning the national title that season. Clemson also picked up another crown in 2018 and played for the title again in 2019. Since falling to Pitt, the Tigers have rarely been threatened at home. Clemson rallied to beat Syracuse by 4 in 2018 and then held on against Boston College by 6 in 2020.

Fixed.

We don’t have any signature wins but we have beaten every mediocre to good to we’ve faced except a road rivalry loss by 3.

In which we lost our starting running back and 3 cornerbacks

Back