• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Champions League 2018/2019 - New & Improved: Arsenal AND Chelsea Free (NWT)

9cc2a49ac6766aa82df020821bed37b3.jpg

Meme should’ve gone all in and spelled it “their”.

Assuming it was a handball, punishment doesn’t seem to fit the crime.

Why? It is a direct free kick for a handball. Any direct free kick inside the box is a penalty because it doesn't make sense to take a free kick from less than 18 yards from the goal.

It hit his chest and then his arm so of course you can pick stills of both. I think it could have been called or not and VAR wouldn't overturn it. I'm not arguing the call.

Mostly, I just feel cosmically ripped off because I want to see a final where the whole match isn't changed by a relatively soft first minute penalty. But what are you gonna do?

https://streamable.com/5r1f8

Last edited:
Poch got the tactics wrong imo. Kane was an awful selection from the go. Why pick a player who can’t get on the ball against a heavy press team? When Pool went ahead they dropped their press too, and let Spurs just knock the ball from sideline to sideline all day. Disappointing final to watch for this neutral. Was really hoping for a more open and entertaining match. Kane super sub would have made far more sense, especially if he wasn’t fully fit.

Poch got the tactics wrong imo. Kane was an awful selection from the go. Why pick a player who can’t get on the ball against a heavy press team? When Pool went ahead they dropped their press too, and let Spurs just knock the ball from sideline to sideline all day. Disappointing final to watch for this neutral. Was really hoping for a more open and entertaining match. Kane super sub would have made far more sense, especially if he wasn’t fully fit.

another example of a player having too much power over selection/the club

Big Jurgs was hammered.

Congrats Liverpool bros! Ugly game but Pool clearly a better team on the year.

Would have love to have seen how that match goes without an unfortunate early pen but I wouldn't have predicted Spurs to win anyway.

Thanks! Sucks to lose it and be so close. Game really could have gone either way. Hope Poch stays and gets some $ to boost the roster, maybe next year's your turn.

Seriously, buy some freaking players Spurs! Good luck next season

Thanks! Sucks to lose it and be so close. Game really could have gone either way. Hope Poch stays and gets some $ to boost the roster, maybe next year's your turn.

Spurs won't make the QFs next year. Same for Ajax.

Back