• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Pretty sure Bud Foster is never going to go anywhere unless he gets the gig at VT. He has had NUMEROUS opportunities over the years to jump ship and never has.

Pretty sure Bud Foster is never going to go anywhere unless he gets the gig at VT. He has had NUMEROUS opportunities over the years to jump ship and never has.

Would like to hear from cville on this, but I do not think that is accurate. Foster has tried to get other head coaching jobs (I know he interviewed for the ECU job at least twice), but rumors about his personal life have kept him from getting a HC job.

I wouldn't believe any of the national writer tweets. We all know that Ron doesn't leak any info out on his one man coaching searches.

I laughed at the state leaks, but they ended better than Bzz.. I'd be ok with leaks if it meant that they were real leaks from a committee of multiple people with a vested interest in success for Wake.

Need to make a hire before Texas does. If they hire a current head coach, lots of dominoes will start falling

If Texas gets Saban, Kirby Smart will probably step up to HC at 'Bama. If not Saban, then only one of our candidates might fall. As far as the dead period starting 12/16, we can probably write off 2014 season anyway. Many predicted 3 wins with this team and schedule no matter what.

James Franklin is going to Texas

The 3 wins prediction was based on the previous staff.

If Texas gets Saban, Kirby Smart will probably step up to HC at 'Bama. If not Saban, then only one of our candidates might fall. As far as the dead period starting 12/16, we can probably write off 2014 season anyway. Many predicted 3 wins with this team and schedule no matter what.

Um, punting on recruiting this year doesn't affect 2014. It affects 2016-17

I kinda think they should hire the guy that never punts.

At least games would be fun

The 3 wins prediction was based on the previous staff.

I don't think there is a coach out there who can win 8 games with this roster. Our DL is thin in both wgt and depth. We don't have a proven QB,TE, WR. We have a OL built for pass blocking that doesn't pass block well. If we bring in a coach who realizes this, we might pull off an upset or two, but I don't expect a miracle. I hope for one, but I've been hoping for the last 5 years.

Um, punting on recruiting this year doesn't affect 2014. It affects 2016-17

I'm preparing for the fact that we might not have a choice on the '14 class. I hope that Wellman has factored that in to his timetable. If we want to start going after JUCOs, we better get started soon.

I kinda think they should hire the guy that never punts.

At least games would be fun

I would love to have a guy that coaches by the numbers. A stat geek type that uses data to drive his decisions. Not sure if anyone out there fits that description.

I would love to have a guy that coaches by the numbers. A stat geek type that uses data to drive his decisions. Not sure if anyone out there fits that description.

Why? Have any of those guys had anything more than moderate success in any sport?

I'm out on these MAC coaches. Lembo seems fine, but meh.

Give me the NARD DOG!!!!!!!!!

Back