• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Coaching Search Thread

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST A PIC OF MRS LEMBO?

MAVJRPFQBYHEBMG.20120703194126.jpg

We have shown we have the money to dish out to our head coach so I say we go Lembo or someone bigger. The OC at Clemson would be good cause that's where we struggle and have a running QB next year as our starter.

Chad Morris, who i said earlier.

The first calls are to Smart and Morris with Jim Grobe salaries. Probably won't work.

Then Lembo.

Then Petrino.

Pete Lembo kind of looks like a CPA which makes him perfect for us.

A year ago, when I was living in Winston, sure.

Now that I live only a few hours away from him I definitely don't want to see him go.

Seriously though, I just don't think the spread throwing game is ever going to really work at Wake.

I still like my boy from Stanford though:

http://www.gostanford.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=30600&ATCLID=208167701&Q_SEASON=2013

I would rather go with a spread running game than spread passing, but I'll take any coach with a history of putting points on the board. Lembo has been 13th and 33 in PPG the past 2 years. That's after taking over from a 2-10 and 4-8 coach (who took over from Brady Hoke).

If Lobo is given the reigns, I will personally label anybody that shows up to a home next year as an infidel. I will then take up radical Islam and suicide bomb the fuck out of one of the home games.

I like MR LEMBO'S look. I wonder if we could get him in some glasses. He'd kind of look like Ned Ryerson.

tumblr_llbk92mfFs1qzqn2wo1_500.jpg

People are kidding about petrino right? I have abetter chance of being named coach by the blue hairs running this shit show

Can you imagine how much more hated Wellman will be if he steps up to the mic in a little bit and say's Lobo is being promoted to head coach????

Wellman would become the ultimate wrestling heel of athletic directors.

I can see him working in references to culture. And how it's going to take time for Lobo to build the program the right way, to create a solid foundation for the future, but that he couldn't be happier with the hire because Lobo will return us to our "historical competitiveness."

And then answering the first question: "oh heaven's yes" regardless of whether its a yes or no question.

All I ask is that we retain a LEGITIMATE search firm and conduct the proper search required for a head coach in the ACC. In other words, please don't produce yet another "buddy" from behind the curtain
in the next 2-3 days.

It's your chance to SOMEWHAT redeem yourself, Ron. Don't fuck it up!!

Hopefully the admin has enough brains to retain the USF sociology dept as a search firm.

We have shown we have the money to dish out to our head coach so I say we go Lembo or someone bigger. The OC at Clemson would be good cause that's where we struggle and have a running QB next year as our starter.

Chad Morris ain't coming to Wake.

Lembo- some possibility because of the familiarity with the area. Probably could get a major conference job at a state school if he wanted.
Rocco- Wake ties, but not the best record in the world.
Lincoln Riley- young, been OC at ECU for 4 years, solid history of putting up points. Knows the area, looking for a step up.
Fired major conference coach- Richt?
Niumatalo- certainly worth speaking with.

Last edited:
People are kidding about petrino right? I have abetter chance of being named coach by the blue hairs running this shit show

I'm just saying what I would do if I were athletic director.

But don't deny that it wouldn't be awesome. Put that son of a bitch on the back of the bike with the deacon the first game. It'd be like this:

Back