• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Coaching Search Thread

I was at football camp with Bobo when we were both 16. It would be weird to have him as the new coach.

Clawson has a resume similar to Lembo's:

Bowling Green's Dave Clawson and the art of program building
si.com

...Clawson, 46, has emerged as a maestro of building programs, having turned teams at Fordham, Richmond and Bowling Green into winners. Who knew that the Tao of program building could be rooted in lessons learned as an overworked graduate assistant?

Mike Bobo?

Go,

Your retaliatory neg rep was lame. Bobo sucks and is a terrible suggestion given the names we are hearing. Go clean your vagina (I debated on whether to put a comma after Go).

Between his success the past few years at Fresno State and his ties to Coach Grobe, Coach Knorr, and Air Force coach Troy Calhoun at both Ohio and Air Force I'm surprised Tim DeRuyter isn't being seriously mentioned for the WFU job. On paper he seems like a near perfect candidate.

Between his success the past few years at Fresno State and his ties to Coach Grobe, Coach Knorr, and Air Force coach Troy Calhoun at both Ohio and Air Force I'm surprised Tim DeRuyter isn't being seriously mentioned for the WFU job. On paper he seems like a near perfect candidate.
That's why most have not been mentioning him since a lot would like a clean break from Grobe's tree (nothing wrong with it, just time for a change). Also, there was a question over whether he'd want to follow Grobe at Wake since he has all the connections to him.

So in addition to Clawson and Lembo--what other coaches in the Midwest area could be one of the six (rumored) interviewed by RW? Narduzzi, ohio state assistants, Calhoun?

So in addition to Clawson and Lembo--what other coaches in the Midwest area could be one of the six (rumored) interviewed by RW? Narduzzi, ohio state assistants, Calhoun?

Where did rumors of 6 come from?

Where did rumors of 6 come from?

Good friend on the BOT. Sounds hokey but source is long-time friend. Maybe that's just the standard number to interview? He also said an ultimatum is the new coach must have private school experience but that seems likes common knowledge at this point

Good friend on the BOT. Sounds hokey but source is long-time friend. Maybe that's just the standard number to interview? He also said an ultimatum is the new coach must have private school experience but that seems likes common knowledge at this point

Glad to here that Wellman apparently isn't being allowed to just go with his gut anymore and make unilateral decisions.

Apparent finalists:
Dave Clawson
Pete Lembo

Likely other candidates (given private school and head coaching experience requirements):
Danny Rocco
Matt Wells
Ken Niumatalolo

Any others?

So if the private school head coaching experience as qualification is true--that leaves us with Lembo, Clawson, and Rocco. I would also throw Bob Shoop the Vanderbilt DC into the mix.

I would assume academy experience counts as private school experience.

It should. If you can recruit to an academy you sure can recruit to Wake.

I wonder if Clawson has indicated he won't interview until after the game tomorrow night? That would be classy and a team first approach. The closer we get to the weekend the less I think it will be Lembo. If he was RW's top guy you would think an initial agreement would be in the works.

Clawson is 89-80 and Lembo 104-48.

And Lembo doesn't have the disaster year as an OC on the resume. And Lembo has the bonus of NC recruiting connections from his time at Elon. I don't understand how anyone could prefer Clawson to Lembo

Apparent finalists:
Dave Clawson
Pete Lembo

Likely other candidates (given private school and head coaching experience requirements):
Danny Rocco
Matt Wells
Ken Niumatalolo

Any others?

I wouldn't be at all be surprised if Dean Hood or Brad Lambert made their way back to WF. Those aren't the Victoria's Secret picks but Ron would see both as trustworthy and fitting the pedigree...

I haven't checked the boards in a few days, so I imagine this was posted somewhere in these long threads, but this is both a great article and its hilarious the word is out on #WellmanOUT

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...job-evaluation-wake-forest-jim-grobe/3858163/

Athletic director Ron Wellman is making the hire, but his job security remains tenuous due to general fan dissatisfaction. (This stems primarily from a seemingly botched basketball hire.) Although this upcoming coaching search may very well improve Wellman's standing, Wake's next coach could end up working for a different athletic director than the one that made the hire.

Lembo II thread....and other candidates

Lembo seems almost too obvious as a fit. We'll never get it but personally, I'd like confirmation that we seriously talked to AT LEAST 3 other qualified candidates....like Danny Rocco.

Narduzzi just doesn't fit in 2 areas....finances and recruiting. I'm assuming he makes high 6-figures at MSU and any staff he'd want would be as expensive or likely more expensive than what we paid Grobe's staff. And we know recruiting at a public factory with +-30,000 students is a heck of alot different than doing so at private school with 7,000 combined students.

Did we talk to that guy at Navy ?

How about the guy at Rice ?

And here's a wild one....what about Tuberville at Cincy ?

:noidea:

Back