• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Thread

Yeah I've been into it for about a year with some buds, not as in depth as you and your crew though I've been pretty profitable so far in NFL and NBA.

Is there any truth the the numbers that 1.3% of the users are making 90% of the profits on DFS?

Is there any truth the the numbers that 1.3% of the users are making 90% of the profits on DFS?

I'm sure it's true but not because dudes with algorithms are cleaning everyone out (although I'm sure they are doing well) but more bc there are a shit ton of peeps playing and a tiny minority win $1MM and other giant prizes.

I think that stat was for MLB last year... I don't use any proprietary data or have a DFS shop like that article was talking about and I had over 100 NFL cashes last year... Though I never had a huge score. My buddy played NBA one night when I didn't set a lineup before I went out and he won a 25,000 dollar top prize tourney. We use the same optimizer we built.

What lineups won the big payouts in NFL Week 1?

well equating to the poker rise, once the advertising came in for party poker on the 2003 Moneymaker ESPN broadcast, you didn't even need to be very good to win consistently. The player base is so large and so clueless that even if you're slightly good, you would win pretty consistently, which creates a system where even the bad players don't get cleaned out fast, and the sharks have a huge pool of people to profit from. I'd imagine the next year or so to be very good to those that have been doing it for the past year or two.

Perfect fan duel line up:

Mariota
Hyde
Ivory
Julio
Hopkins
Keenan Allen
Eifert
McManus
Panthers D

Less than one percent had Mariota, lots of top lineups had Julio, Alex Smith Kelce stack, winner had Hyde in the big one.

We played there during its opening weeks because the overlay was just unreal. One of their big tournaments, their servers were crashing the hour before lock and the overlay ended up paying out about 60% of entrants.

I haven't been watching the site much but are most the guaranteed tourneys still failing to fill up? Just saw they have a $250k guaranteed tourney at $25. Will be interesting if they can actually get 10k entries. Yahoo also just started their DFS site and is opening football with a $1M guaranteed tourney.

gcc

are there minimums on those sites before cashing out?

how do y'all report your winnings if it is a big amount?

I'm still down to trade soccer lineups for anyone that specializes in a sport other than football.

are there minimums on those sites before cashing out?

Nope, no minimums. Most sites have restrictions to how you earn your bonus but you can cash out at any time.

how do y'all report your winnings if it is a big amount?

If you have more than $600 of winnings from a site, they'll send you tax forms. You can also write off a great deal of things including cable TV, research subscriptions, etc.

I'm still down to trade soccer lineups for anyone that specializes in a sport other than football.

The problem I've seen with soccer is you need to be adjusting the lineup early Saturday morning. So if I were to get a lineup from you on Friday night, it's not worth much if it's not being tinkered with Saturday morning when we figure out who's starting.

So of course all the leaders in current week 2 contests have rosters that are almost entirely Broncos or Chiefs players. My question is are these idiots or is there some legitimate reason you'd put all your eggs in one basket? I thought maybe they misunderstood the Thursday contests, but there's usually one or two Sunday players on the rosters.

Back