• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Deacs - High Point game thread

I think there were plenty of long rebounds which is where our guards have to realize, unlike summer runs, they have to box out and go get the ball, not stand there and watch our bigger guys struggle due to lack of size or strength. We don't have a good enough big to just let him clean the glass.

Also, if High Point is a tough road win, we may very well go 1-15 again in the watered down ACC. I mean, jeez.

I fully expect us to sweep BC. They are really bad. Significantly worse than High Point, and the atmosphere won't be anything like it was last night. Should have a chance at GT and Clemson at home, and maybe Maryland away. 4-12 is my best guess.

Holy crap. Did they white out the home crowd? Free t-shirts for our game?

Yes and yes. It was the biggest game of the year for them and both the team and the fans were sky high for it.

The white-out paled in comparision to the one at BYU a few years ago ... 20,000 were there two hours before the game began!

Yes and yes. It was the biggest game of the year for them and both the team and the fans were sky high for it.

The white-out paled in comparision to the one at BYU a few years ago ... 20,000 were there two hours before the game began!

Ahh man, the BYU game. The good ol' days. The days before Georgia Tech exposed us for the offensive fraud we were.

Looking back over the past 5-6 years, that win at BYU may be our best.

I ran into a BYU'er a couple weeks ago. First thing he did after hearing I go to Wake Forest was start bitching about the officiating in that game.

I ran into a BYU'er a couple weeks ago. First thing he did after hearing I go to Wake Forest was start bitching about the officiating in that game.

They are maddening as fans sometimes. I will give no judgment about Mormonism as a whole, but the aura surrounding BYU athletics is absolutely cultic. The eat, breathe, and sleep BYU.

I was working out in the desert this summer and there was a polygamist ranch thing built straight into rock. The structures themselves were pretty awesome

You're surprised fans would complain about officiating after that game? If you were a BYU fan, then wouldn't you?

You're surprised fans would complain about officiating after that game? If you were a BYU fan, then wouldn't you?

It was 3 years ago...

When I meet a VT fan I don't immediately start ranting about the screw job the refs gave us in 2010.

It was 3 years ago...
When I meet a VT fan I don't immediately start ranting about the screw job the refs gave us in 2010.

Mention West Virginia or Butler around here....you'll get similar reactions, not always about the officiating but losses stick with you.

Back