• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

The Obama spin team is trying to say they're happy with his performance and that Romney got testy.

MSNBC is soooooooooo terrible.

They really should let the Morning Joe crew do it. I know they're watching. Let them do it till midnight. Replay it during the 6 am hour and have them start fresh at 7. The MSNBC evening crew is a joke.

I still don't know if I'd hit Stephanie Cutter or not. I probably would, but I'm undecided. I do like her answers here: "Debate? What debate?"

The Obama spin team is trying to say they're happy with his performance and that Romney got testy.

That's the job of a spin team. Did you expect them to say they were disappointed in his performance?

Romney hit hard tonight but his facts are still not accurate at all. I can win a debate by making up facts too!!

Lets be honest though, they probably both made some stuff up tonight. Hell, Obama said he's dropped taxes 18 times for small businesses in the past 4 years. There is no chance that is close to the truth.

They can't let Morning Joe get out there and say this: Joe Scarborough ‏@JoeNBC
Tonight was a big win for Mitt Romney. He dominated the debate in every way. This wasn't even close.

Obama with the big fail. Romney was lying through his teeth promising candy for lunch everyday like he was trying to win an 8th grade election, but he was the aggressor and the aggressor wins. Obama needed to be able to fact-check him on the spot and call him out, and he just sat back and took it. I guess he thinks he saving it, but he needed to attack back and he didn't.

Numbers from a CNN undecideds focus group:

64% say 'stronger leader', 62% said better command of facts, 56% better vision

All of these numbers were about Romney.

Going through various polls, the consensus seems to be that Romney won.

I usually watch msnbc in the morning and then flip to it at night sometimes and just shake my head.

Romney smoked him and you know that to be true if MSNBC admits it.

Oh yeah LSU football >>>>>> Obama and Biden

(Biden is complete and utter idiot, even dumber than George Dubya Bush and that is pretty got damn dumb). Dems have to hide Biden out in the country somewhere and I have no clue how he is going to debate Ryan. All Ryan has to do is read completely asinine Biden quotes from the past 3.5 years.

Likability might be less of an issue than usual. Romney came off as serious and focused.

I was looking forward to this debate. I thought it was awful. And not because Romney performed better, although who knows what he and Obama were saying was true. Lehrer made it the worst debate I've seen in my lifetime.

More from the CNN undecideds concerning Romney:

62% said better on facts, 56% better vision of future, 64% stronger leader

Also from James Carville:

“It looked like Romney wanted to be there, and President Obama didn’t want to be there,”

That's the job of a spin team. Did you expect them to say they were disappointed in his performance?

Well as the interviewer cut it back to Wolf she said "that's why they call it the spin room."

Very predictable. I called it earlier in the thread. A tried and true spin that I first remember with Hillary in her NY Senate debate.

I can't stand Romney and think he's completely full of shit, but that was a home debate for him. Sadly, he's extremely good at serving up last week's leftover dinner on a fancy plate and sounding convincing when he describes it as a four star meal. Much better than I'm guessing Obama and his staff suspected.

Then again, by avoiding 47% they're clearly pulling their punches in debate #1. It'll be interesting to see if this gives Romney a bump.

I don't remember ever saying that I thought Romney was an idiot.....but I have 2,719 posts out there, so maybe ELC can repost the one where I said that. Surely he isn't just pulling that baseless charge out of his ass, is he?

Yeah, i'm pretty sure you essentially call him a rich jackass.

...which he is.

According to Wikipedia The Trump organization has 22,450 employees. That sounds a lot like a small business.

Back