• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

I can't stand Romney and think he's completely full of shit, but that was a home debate for him. Sadly, he's extremely good at serving up last week's leftover dinner on a fancy plate and sounding convincing when he describes it as a four star meal. Much better than I'm guessing Obama and his staff suspected.

Then again, by avoiding 47% they're clearly pulling their punches in debate #1. It'll be interesting to see if this gives Romney a bump.

If this doesn't give him a bump, nothing will.

That's because there is a conservative on in the morning for you. Unlike Fox and Friends.

Crazy me for thinking debates should have both sides instead of the circle jerks on fox and friends and the msnbc evening group.

Ah yes the former advisor to Obama on CNN on the aggressive now, everyone there is even laughing at him.

That is because he does not know the facts to fact-check him. Poorly coached and prepped and may be so busy golfing, chilling with Jay Z, flying all over the place campaigning, chilling at the White House with Stevie Wonder and not studying the facts he needs to win a debate.

Romney was prepared, even though he still acts like a richie rich, robot. I mean, he kept saying "the poor" like there is this group of pitiful people out there. Hell, everybody out of work or GIVEN UP ON LOOKING FOR WORK is poor right now - and THAT is NOT GW Bush's fault my friend. I am stunned B Obama CONTINUED to reference Bush. Romney correctly was like "dude, you have had 4 years...wtf with the constant Bush references?"

Obama with the big fail. Romney was lying through his teeth promising candy for lunch everyday like he was trying to win an 8th grade election, but he was the aggressor and the aggressor wins. Obama needed to be able to fact-check him on the spot and call him out, and he just sat back and took it. I guess he thinks he saving it, but he needed to attack back and he didn't.

That is because he does not know the facts to fact-check him. Poorly coached and prepped and may be so busy golfing, chilling with Jay Z, flying all over the place campaigning, chilling at the White House with Stevie Wonder and not studying the facts he needs to win a debate.

Romney was prepared, even though he still acts like a richie rich, robot. I mean, he kept saying "the poor" like there is this group of pitiful people out there. Hell, everybody out of work or GIVEN UP ON LOOKING FOR WORK is poor right now - and THAT is NOT GW Bush's fault my friend. I am stunned B Obama CONTINUED to reference Bush. Romney correctly was like "dude, you have had 4 years...wtf with the constant Bush references?"

Ok, now you're just being a typical conservative douche.

Romney (smooth, passionate, believable): I'm for everything good for everyone and I can make you believe I have a plan that will do all good with no pain.

Obama (less the effective salesman): Chutzpah WTF?

The best part about the debate is watching conservatives blow each other in the aftermath.

Undecided focus group says Romney is a better leader!!!!

@WWLTV: CBS poll on who won the debate: Obama - 22%; Romney - 46%; tie - 32%

Also from James Carville:

“It looked like Romney wanted to be there, and President Obama didn’t want to be there,”

obama was the 2006 wake basketball team. cue big e saying "the other team just wanted it more" 25 times.

The best part about the debate is watching conservatives blow each other in the aftermath.

Undecided focus group says Romney is a better leader!!!!

The validity of national polls will be restored when Romney gets his well-earned bump this week.

Just when I start giving conservatives credit, someone posts stupid shit like this.

I don't think I've ever called him a "rich jackass" either, but out of curiosity, do you equate being a "rich jackass" with being an "idiot"? Seems to me that one term implies stupidity and the implies obnoxiousness. Not interchangeable terms at all, IMO. As I said, though, I don't think I've ever used either one in my 2,720 posts on this board. Do we have a "board fact-checker" for these charges?

The "Yeah" was in agreement with your statement. And no, I don't think they are the same at all!

large

Cantor spokeswoman Laena Fallon told Roll Call that the proposal didn't include a revenue cap, but was still being refined:

“We still do not have legislative text but are cognizant of how this issue might relate to professional sports teams and the like,” she said. “The goal of the small-business tax cut is to provide relief for small businesses so that they can grow, expand and create new jobs.”

I really don't get undecided focus groups. Is it just a bunch of yahoos that were asked hey so who you voting for, ahhh I don't know, sweet want to be on TV, want to take some polls. Basically undecided groups out of everyone else must be the dumbest of them all right?

Back