• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

Third option is that they really don't see that either candidate really represents their views and are frustrated that these are the only two realistic choices

Everybody feels like that. What makes them so special that they don't have to choose? When I'm watching State vs. Duke, I don't get mad that Wake isn't playing. I pick whose win would be best for me.

Everybody feels like that. What makes them so special that they don't have to choose? When I'm watching State vs. Duke, I don't get mad that Wake isn't playing. I pick whose win would be best for me.

Eh that's a stretch in comparison.

"He gave great testimony but will be indicted for perjury"
-Big Al on Romney

The empty chair put up a better fight against Clint Eastwood.

Bad and Badder, Evil and More Evil- People should really understand that both candidates suck because the way government function right now sucks. So you choice can be between someone who sucks and someone who sucks even more depending on your preferences. I like ideas from both sides, but lean towards Obama because his party doesn't have bat shit social agendas like pray away the gays and no more science we win, no global warming, no evolution, 6,000 years old it is.

I'm an atheist, pro-choice, for gay marriage and liberal on every social issue I can think of but also believe more government isn't the solution. No candidate is appealing to me even Ron Paul.

I think Obama did about as well as he could. Hiring more teachers resonates.

I thought both candidates did pretty well up until Obamas closing remark. Incredibly weak effort. Mitt won, but I don't think that Obama flopped like some here are saying (other than his closing argument....super weak).

Romney did very well I didn't see any watershed moments that will change the election but it is a start. Maybe he can finally get a little momentum on hi side.

I can honestly say that is the least professional looking website I've ever seen.

Unfortunately that is what happens when you are dealing with the big dogs on a shoe string budget. But things will change when people like you stop voting for people you don't agree with on at least half of their agenda when there is a better option.

It was like one of those boxing matches you're fired up to watch but the guy defending his title just clutches and stalls the whole time. Romney won but it went to the scorecards - no real knockout blows or even any great exchanges that weren't talking points.

Maybe next time.

It was like one of those boxing matches you're fired up to watch but the guy defending his title just clutches and stalls the whole time. Romney won but it went to the scorecards - no real knockout blows or even any great exchanges that weren't talking points.

Maybe next time.

Perhaps but with most avid Obama supporters admitting that this was not close (not to mention the post debate polls) it is hard to argue this was not a KO for Mitt. Weather or not that moves the election remains to be seen...I doubt it.

I like boxing analogies. I think we saw Ali versus Wepner. Obama may have bled but he didn't fall down... and he may generate some sympathy. But he's going to be wearing sunglasses for a few days.

Back