• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

Perhaps but with most avid Obama supporters admitting that this was not close (not to mention the post debate polls) it is hard to argue this was not a KO for Mitt. Weather or not that moves the election remains to be seen...I doubt it.

I think DCDeac is right. I think Obama supporters are giving Mitt credit for his performance but he certainly didn't deliver a knockout punch. Not one I can remember at least. The sentiment I get from Obama supporters is disappointment that he took the air our of the ball. Obama could have gone on the offensive and won this thing. Instead he sat back and played it safe. We'll see whether that was the right strategy or not. I think not though, I think we will see the president much more aggressive in the next debate.

Romney's behind (baring some unbelievable screw up by Obama) it was impossible for Romney to deliver a knock out punch tonight. This debate went as well for Romney as it possibly could have.

I think DCDeac is right. I think Obama supporters are giving Mitt credit for his performance but he certainly didn't deliver a knockout punch. Not one I can remember at least. The sentiment I get from Obama supporters is disappointment that he took the air our of the ball. Obama could have gone on the offensive and won this thing. Instead he sat back and played it safe. We'll see whether that was the right strategy or not. I think not though, I think we will see the president much more aggressive in the next debate.

I don't think he delivered a KO punch as far as the election is concerned but I think he did as far as the debate was concerned. There is no doubt that he won this debate. Again, weather or not this moves the election remains to be seen.

I'm undecided at this point.

I'd say it's Gary Johnson --> Not Voting --> Obama/Romney.

This debate gave me some things to think about though.

Romney's behind (baring some unbelievable screw up by Obama) it was impossible for Romney to deliver a knock out punch tonight. This debate went as well for Romney as it possibly could have.

I think this is exactly right. This debate, at best for Romney, was intended to give 40m people a moment of pause. And if this debate didn't do that then he has no chance.

What happens when a billionaire wins in an upset? Do they tear down the rugby goal posts?

Is it a bad sign that the Romney student section was chanting "over-rated"?

Now Dems (Jame Carville) are arguing the polls are biased. LOL

Obama clearly getting speech strategy from Steed Lobotske

Now Dems (Jame Carville) are arguing the polls are biased. LOL

What poll is he referring to? I got spanked down on this board last night for suggesting oversampling... which doesn't exist I might add. Or so I am told.

My favorite point in the debate is when Obama asked Jim to change the subject. That was a great no mas moment. Unreal.

I just don't understand how anybody with any sense in the polls could claim that Obama "clearly won"

Conventional wisdom says your VP choice and debates don't matter. It will be interesting to see where the so call unbiased polls are at before the next debate.

Based on CNN's running tally of undecided focus group opinion makes it seem like they like pretty much anything.

Based on CNN's running tally of undecided focus group opinion makes it seem like they like pretty much anything.

Do they like mint chip ice cream... because I can get on board with that.

I give a lot of credit to Obama for being such a pussy and allowing Romney to lie and continue to sit quiet!
Takes a lot of constraint to do that.......FAIL!

This reminded me of a ho-hum health professional explaining why you need to decrease your fat intake and increase your level of exercise to be more healthy, but then some As Seen On TV diet promises you can eat whatever you want and lose all the weight you want.

Of course, people love those damn diet fads. Maybe he'll win.

Only if the diet includes mint chip ice cream. If Obamacare covers that I may have a change of heart.

Watching post debate coverage, my question for the night...how in the name of god did palin get nom'd for vp in '08? Unbelievable...

After tonight I wouldn't blame the President if he just passed on the other two debates and said,"No thanks, guys. I'll just take my chances in November."

Back