• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

Jeez. My sincere apologies as I need to go back and edit some of that crap I posted yesterday, which added 0 value to the discussion. At work today with a hangover and I know better - out celebrating my SO's new job offer last night - and that is never a good idea to start posting after that. Crazy part is I voted for Al Gore and John Kerry, so I wanted to man up and apologize to the always congenial and very well informed posters here for the offensive, sophomoric and 0 value added style comments I posted last night.

As a Deacon fan and long-time WFU supporter, I know better and it will not happen again. Going on hiatus for a while to do some soul searching.

I did not watch, but I'm not at all surprised at what I've read about the debate today. Not that I would have expected Romney to that well, but I can totally see Obama not preparing properly out of arrogance and over-confidence. Last night probably woke him up, though. I would expect him to work a little harder before round two.

Regardless, Romney's still a stiff. If Obama does his homework, he'll destroy him next time.

The major media has done no favors for Obama for allowing him to float along for four years w/out direct scrutiny. He was able to ignore the "new" media all this time but last night he was not able to ignore his opponent.

Romney could have really stuck it to him but was really just happy to talk about his plans and dispatched Obama in a most gentlemanly manner.

Irish said Romney looked like a guy who's never been punched in the face before...uh, Obama kinda resembled that guy last night too.

Long ways to go, I predict Biden is going to hang w/ Paul Ryan because he's got so many years on Paul and I think Obama will be a fighter in the next 2 debates. Its all on Romney to give good performances to stay in this race, it ain't over until Candy Crawley sings...

I did not watch, but I'm not at all surprised at what I've read about the debate today. Not that I would have expected Romney to that well, but I can totally see Obama not preparing properly out of arrogance and over-confidence. Last night probably woke him up, though. I would expect him to work a little harder before round two.

Regardless, Romney's still a stiff. If Obama does his homework, he'll destroy him next time.

Obama was the stiff last night, just watch the first 10 mins. It was like Obama got handed terrible news before the debate, which actually worries me cause I don't like our POTUS looking like he was shaken. I think it was mostly that he was so pissed he had to share a stage w/ a dude he hates.

The major media has done no favors for Obama for allowing him to float along for four years w/out direct scrutiny.

Stopped reading here. Too bad, because the rest of your post could have been not shit.

Stopped reading here. Too bad, because the rest of your post could have been not shit.

Typical...don't blame you from running from the truth.

Btw, what did Obama say he was going to do last night about jobs? I remember him talking about education but I'm still fuzzy on the rest.

The major media has done no favors for Obama for allowing him to float along for four years w/out direct scrutiny. He was able to ignore the "new" media all this time but last night he was not able to ignore his opponent.

No direct scrutiny for Obama? Does it hurt to have your head up you own ass? Will you guys ever stop blaming the media for all of your troubles? All I hear on the radio is right wingers. The most successful political cable channel is a conservative one. Even the "liberal" cable channel's most successful show is fronted by a conservative, who makes no bones where he stands. Networks and leading news magazines are not owned by liberals. There are editorial writers on both sides in all major news papers. So I guess what we are left with is just daily news articles. So you are saying that news articles are factually inaccurate to further a liberal slant? You are paranoid.

i hope i see go in person so he can try to act chummy. you suck dude.

No direct scrutiny for Obama? Does it hurt to have your head up you own ass? Will you guys ever stop blaming the media for all of your troubles? All I hear on the radio is right wingers. The most successful political cable channel is a conservative one. Even the "liberal" cable channel's most successful show is fronted by a conservative, who makes no bones where he stands. Networks and leading news magazines are not owned by liberals. There are editorial writers on both sides in all major news papers. So I guess what we are left with is just daily news articles. So you are saying that news articles are factually inaccurate to further a liberal slant? You are paranoid.

I guess Michael Barone is paranoid too... http://washingtonexaminer.com/barone-thoughts-on-the-first-presidential-debate/article/2509823#.UG3KCJjA9xU

I'll stand w/ Mr. Barone on this subject.

i hope i see go in person so he can try to act chummy. you suck dude.

Hahaha, because I give a totally different opinion on stuff? Do all of your friends kiss your ass constantly or something?

Typical...don't blame you from running from the truth.

Btw, what did Obama say he was going to do last night about jobs? I remember him talking about education but I'm still fuzzy on the rest.

All I really remember about jobs is Romney saying the word over and over again with Mormonian ferocity, no specificity, and blanketed every time by bald faced lies.

Hahaha, because I give a totally different opinion on stuff? Do all of your friends kiss your ass constantly or something?

because you are an idiotic shithead that has no grasp of reality.

the washington examiner? trollololol...

Barone has forgotten more things than you and I will ever know about elections, why do you take stuff so personally? You do realize that half the country is going to support Romney in this election right?

because you are an idiotic shithead that has no grasp of reality.

Yes, says the guy that calls people shitheads on a message board. Don't take stuff so personally, relax.

Back