• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

Replace "jobs" with "hope and change" and "Mormonian" with "Ebonic", and you've got a winning 2008 campaign. So no wonder Romney went with it.

Really? You went there? You think Obama spoke ebonics to get elected in 2008? Ladies and gentlemen, 2&2. Tax lawyer, extraordinaire. About to go nuts and off himself since 2008. He'll be here all election (maybe).

Would it be a politics board w/out a conservative RW poster or would it just be an Obama re-election board?

I mean do you have serious confidence issues that when you hear something you don't like you've got to lash out w/ personal attacks? At least Shoo makes solid points, he and I disagree on politics but he doesn't freak out every time. Plus he and I like the same TV shows I think.

he has more patience than me. doesn't he teach? probs used to people regurgitating everything their parents told them.

I think Chris Matthews proved last night that left-leaning pundits will sharply criticize Obama if he deserves it.

Also, anyone who says faux news or lamestream media from now on should be negged.

Who are the 25% of the people who thought Obama "clearly won" last night? Serious question: How do those people add milk to cereal without assistance?

he has more patience than me. doesn't he teach? probs used to people regurgitating everything their parents told them.

True. I mean if your side can have BobKnight, my side can have me. Its like Virginia Foxx and Maxine Waters.

Really? You went there? You think Obama spoke ebonics to get elected in 2008? Ladies and gentlemen, 2&2. Tax lawyer, extraordinaire. About to go nuts and off himself since 2008. He'll be here all election (maybe).

It is so tough not to go there. You libs just leave these nuclear buttons out there and it is just too easy to push them and watch the pyrotechnics.

Who are the 25% of the people who thought Obama "clearly won" last night? Serious question: How do those people add milk to cereal without assistance?

I thought the same thing but then again there are people with far left mindsets who really believe what he plans on doing is right and that Obamacare is a god send, etc. You and I may disagree but they are out there, it might just be their turn to implement their ideas and we'll have to see what happens.

People thought Palin beat Biden 4 years ago, so anything is possible.

There are people who think she is qualified to be president.

oh my god...

I AM THE 25%! :0

This overreaction is hilarious. Yes Romney won the debate, but it wasn't some epic destruction......people are freaking out about it. Some hack on Morning Joe just said Romney had one of the best debate performances of all time. Lol uh okay....

It was an epic destruction in front of what will be the largest audience for any of the debates. When 67% of registered voters say you won the debate (in an electorate that is essentially split down the middle) it is an epic destruction. Romney won well over 50% scores on each of the following questions as well:

Who is better to handle the economy
Who is better to handle healthcare
Who is better to handle the deficit
Whose view of government's role in society is better
Who is better to handle the military

He even won 46% to 45% on who is more likeable. That is flat out baffling. But when the President spent much of the debate smirking, I guess that's the price that got paid.

And this is a poll of registered voters, NOT undecided voters. Crap, a poll in CA says even people in San Francisco say Romney won the debate. That is ridiculous.

Obama had a chance to end the race last night. Instead Romney pushed open the door, took a big swig of Gatorade, caught his breath, put on his shoes and stepped back onto the track. By no means will last night decide the election. It is advantage Obama still because Romney's path to 270 is not as easy. But Romney is back in the race.

Romney has to keep on making the same case over and over and over and perform well in both of the next two debates. He can't lose momentum in those platforms. He may not need another dominant performance like last night but at the very least he MUST continue to more than hold his own. By that he and his "vision" of less government will lead to more opportunity has to continue to appear as a very viable alternative to a President whose brand was called into question last night. And he also has to appear to give a shit about the common man - which he did pretty well last night (albeit with no one even attempting to call his character into question). No screw ups, no explosions and weather what will likely now become some serious aggression from the Obama camp. By no means easy.

Obama? In the face of a stuttering economy he now has to fight to explain why his vision will work when it hasn't worked for the last three years as he told us it would. Where are the 5 million "easy" new green energy jobs? Where is the under 8% unemployment we were promised we'd have years ago? Where is the fiscal discipline that was promised? Why weren't these things his priorities in term one? Why will they be priorities in a second term? There won't be softballs being lobbed into the plate the rest of the way. Romney made last night as much about Obama's record as he did his own vision. And so Obama no doubt will also come out and attack Romney on every front imaginable. I'm sure we'll hear about all sundry of social issues in addition to how Romney wants to make poor people eat puppies for dinner. Because making Romney look really unappealing has to be that much more important after last night.

People just need something to talk about because this race has been so boring. That's why there's a freakout. Romney was OK, which was enough. Obama wasn't very focused, which isn't a major surprise for those who've paid attention to his strengths and weaknesses since he has been on the national stage.

Anyone who can write more than three serious paragraphs about the ramifications of last night's debate has too much of a dog in the fight to really be taken seriously. Kind of ironic, but it's the truth. :shrug

It was a total beat down.

And Obama will still win the election.

It's funny. I tend to agree with you, but for the first time I wasn't so sure last night. What last night told me is to remember the teachings of the Prophet Yoga. Lots of miles still to go. Jobs report tomorrow (can you imagine if THAT thing tanks?). This Benghazi thing is a disaster. This thing ain't over, in fact, the good parts may have just started.

Last night was like when Rocky's first punch landed on Drago. He's not a machine. Drag'O'bama stumbled last night the first time leather-met-face. I wasn't expecting him to blink and flinch, so who knows what happens next? My guess is if Axelrod has any October surprises left to go (and it's the Dems, so of course they do), we're about to see them. That timetable just got bumped up three weeks.

So it seems that 50% of our nation (25% Liberal & 25% conservative) are dumber than a box of rocks. Anyone who thinks that Obama won last night, or thinks that Palin won 4 years ago is a complete moran.

I agree the race has been boring and so this adds some life too it. For the last 3 months Romney has come off as a boob and last night was the first time he appeared well articulated and presidential. I think it took Obama off guard who thought he could just coast to the victory as it had appeared earlier. I think Romney was good, but the expectations were pretty low. I also think Obama looked worse than he was because his expectations were high. I also think that democrat observers and supporters freaked out because there was literally so many things Obama could have pointed to against Romney and he did none of them. If you give me a week studying, especially the 100's of contradictions and lies Romney has put out there, debating him shouldn't be very hard.

Back