• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official EDM/Trance/Progressive Thread

Who is your favorite EDM/house/trance/progressive artist?

• Total voters
Oh, hell yeah, here's my thread. Calvin Harris, skrillex, deadmau5 and avicii have the mainstream dominated. Tiesto is of course Tiesto and dominates the EDM scene including his weekly podcast. The Swedish House Mafia crew has been putting out some fantastic stuff, and they all have amazing concerts including recent performances at EDC. My favorite underrated artist is probably Porter Robinson, very upset I'm missing his upcoming show in DC. Let me do some thinking on my absolute favorite but hard not to also include Kaskade.

Years ago,before he moved to LA, I loved BT.

Favorite is probably Daft Punk but Deadmau5 is pretty high on my list too. If I'm at a bar trying to grind on some chicks, David Guetta remixes are pretty nice. Respect Tiesto for his contributions.

I voted for Tiesto, but my favorites are Steve Aoki, James Zabiela, Above & Beyond, and Diplo. Diplo is probably the most prolific of those, as he is a producer (produced Look at Me Now, Slight Work (Wale), Two Shots (Lil Wayne), and the recent Usher song Climax), and a hell of a DJ. His monthly "Blow Your Head" shows on XM radio are amazing, and him and DJ Switch make up the group Major Lazer, which puts out tremendous music.

Last edited:
Yeah Daft Punk/Moby/SHM/Kaskade/Dirty South are other solid options.

I like deadmau5's versatility and how he can't be pegged into a specific genre. Tough to find an EDM artist with a Top 5 that tops Ghosts N Stuff/I Remember/Raise Your Weapon/Longest Road/Strobe (Rainymood remix is great). Also gotta respect that he called out DJ Pauly D for sucking.

Think we should just turn this into the EDM thread.

Catching up on Tiesto's podcasts and the 5/14 one has a pretty dank mix of Kanye's Lost in the World. At about 52 minutes.

european domestic market?

my dutch friend (male) wants to suck tiesto's dick.

Think we should just turn this into the EDM thread.

Catching up on Tiesto's podcasts and the 5/14 one has a pretty dank mix of Kanye's Lost in the World. At about 52 minutes.

ok

Don't know if this fits here, but I definitely would vote for Justice if they fall under EDM.

Didn't know too much about Gareth Emery, but his set at EDC New York was one of the best sets I've ever heard. Great song after great song after great song for an hour. You can download it here (it's from Armin's A State of Trance so there is small bit of talking interspersed) http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/75272092/file.html

I went to Avicii's New Years Eve concert in New York city and I don't think I will ever go to another concert that matches it. 10k people packed into a warehouse going hard for almost 12 hours (Arty and Cazette opened for Avicii, he then played for four hours and Dada Life came after him). I left at 4 AM and it was still going strong.

I listened to the Arty, Cazzette, Avicii and Swanky Tunes set from that NYE show, they were epic

Gareth Emery is really good, I regret not spending more time at the ASOT stage there in retrospect but I really wanted to see a lot of the other artists too. Oh whale, something to keep in mind for the future.

Got back from EDC Vegas and had such a sick time. The craziest night though was Saturday as at around 11:30 and halfway through Calvin Harris, they had to close down all the stages as the winds were getting up to 30mph. Aoki and Schultz played smaller portable stages until about 5am which was cool but it was crazy to see the whole reaction and everything play out. Missed out on Tiesto and Aoki playing with Blue Man Group which would have been absolutely amazing. Afrojack with Aoki was pretty cool, though.

Van Buuren and Porter Robinson absolutely killed it on Sunday to end the weekend, and the Pretty Lights show was amazing. The EDC facebook page has some great pictures as well if anyone is interested.

Back