• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Official Election Month Thread: Drunken morons trying to get on OANN

I wait with bated breath to hear how the administrative state was born out of concerns for protecting the rights created by the Civil War Amendments.

There’s nothing I could say to convince you that the elites you venerate are often a threat to the rights of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of many Americans and one role of government should be to protect those rights.

The administration state is unquestionably a good development for the American people.

I'm not going to get drawn into yet another debate about originalism, but I should at least point out that this argument is based on a flawed premise. No one is claiming the founders were "completely infallible," or even partially so. The claim of originalism is simply that the document the founders gave us is the law, whether that document is good, bad, or indifferent.

The list of bullshit claims made by Republicans is long.

it was fine. glad your constipation issues are resolved.

Last edited:
I'm not going to get drawn into yet another debate about originalism, but I should at least point out that this argument is based on a flawed premise. No one is claiming the founders were "completely infallible," or even partially so. The claim of originalism is simply that the document the founders gave us is the law, whether that document is good, bad, or indifferent.

Hear me out on this, a 4500 word documents lack of foresight to govern a 140x times larger nation 250 years in the future, forgives its modern interpreters inserting their own bias. There is no sincere belief in originalism, only a shrewd strategy to discourage progressive change through adherence to a deliberately inert national legislative process.

I wait with bated breath to hear how the administrative state was born out of concerns for protecting the rights created by the Civil War Amendments.

I thought it was born out of George Washington, one of the founders, appointing a secretary of war, a Secretary of State, a Secretary of Treasury and an attorney general when he became the first president.

Good post, MDMH.

I thought it was born out of George Washington, one of the founders, appointing a secretary of war, a Secretary of State, a Secretary of Treasury and an attorney general when he became the first president.

I don't think that's the "administrative state" he's talking about.

Hear me out on this, a 4500 word documents lack of foresight to govern a 140x times larger nation 250 years in the future, forgives its modern interpreters inserting their own bias. There is no sincere belief in originalism, only a shrewd strategy to discourage progressive change through adherence to a deliberately inert national legislative process.

^This x1000. Good post.

“Adherence to a deliberately inert national legislative process”? What does that even mean? Not to mention that Originalism encourages legislative action insofar as, under it, the constitution says only what it says, with the lawmaking left to the legislature.

Look, if you are actually interested in this topic, read some Akhil Amar. He, a liberal originalist, will disabuse you of the notion that originalism is a theory in service of a conservative polity.

Or you can continue to post things that make you look like an uninformed nitwit.

“Adherence to a deliberately inert national legislative process”? What does that even mean? Not to mention that Originalism encourages legislative action insofar as, under it, the constitution says only what it says, with the lawmaking left to the legislature.

Look, if you are actually interested in this topic, read some Akhil Amar. He, a liberal originalist, will disabuse you of the notion that originalism is a theory in service of a conservative polity.

Or you can continue to post things that make you look like an uninformed nitwit.

It seems pretty clear that McConnell has pursued a deliberately inert legislative agenda since 2008 under the guise of some principled conservative philosophy related to the constitution and it's original mean on things like gun control legislation. Really the GOP has been obstructionist and inert on gun control since the 1980's using the guise of originalism to garner donations from Smith and Weston, the NRA, etc. and votes from simpleton rubes that have never read the constitution but like to blow things up. To pretend there is some principle behind it other than political donations and staying in power makes you look like an uninformed nitwit.

It seems pretty clear that McConnell has pursued a deliberately inert legislative agenda since 2008 under the guise of some principled conservative philosophy related to the constitution and it's original mean on things like gun control legislation. Really the GOP has been obstructionist and inert on gun control since the 1980's using the guise of originalism to garner donations from Smith and Weston, the NRA, etc. and votes from simpleton rubes that have never read the constitution but like to blow things up. To pretend there is some principle behind it other than political donations and staying in power makes you look like an uninformed nitwit.

Huh, and here I thought we were discussing originalism.

Huh, and here I thought we were discussing originalism.

I think we are discussing the guise of originalism. What ever it's legitimacy has a legal philosophy, the GOP has used the premise of originalism to obstruct progress was the topic of discussion (I thought). They've distorted any legitimacy of the philosophy ever had by using it as a ruse to amass political donations and rube voters.

Its the perfect position since you can't lose the argument even though the premise is flawed in modern government. You just point to original ideas like passing new legislation or amending the constitution knowing full well that its impossible because of things like a shit ton of lobbying money, bad faith actors, and so forth. I mean you have one political party that is walking the line of a coup for Donald Fucking Trump because they are personally afraid of being called out, primaried and losing power. Im sure they will come around when it comes to shunning money and additional power to do what is best.

Its the perfect position since you can't lose the argument even though the premise is flawed in modern government. You just point to original ideas like passing new legislation or amending the constitution knowing full well that its impossible because of things like a shit ton of lobbying money, bad faith actors, and so forth. I mean you have one political party that is walking the line of a coup for Donald Fucking Trump because they are personally afraid of being called out, primaried and losing power. Im sure they will come around when it comes to shunning money and additional power to do what is best.

don't care got judges

I think we are discussing the guise of originalism. What ever it's legitimacy has a legal philosophy, the GOP has used the premise of originalism to obstruct progress was the topic of discussion (I thought). They've distorted any legitimacy of the philosophy ever had by using it as a ruse to amass political donations and rube voters.

Its

It's

Back