• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

this is just disgusting. Our system is a complete joke. Need to get PR and DC in there ASAP.

And one senator, from a state of only 4.5 million citizens, has sole power to determine what the Senate considers. That is simply wrong and I suspect the nation's founders would be disgusted by how warped our government has become.

And one senator, from a state of only 4.5 million citizens, has sole power to determine what the Senate considers. That is simply wrong and I suspect the nation's founders would be disgusted by how warped our government has become.

A lot of them would also be disgusted that Black people and women can vote.

-We've scored the most points ever at home against the opponent.
-but you still lost
-No we didn't! We won!
-You lost decisively.
-If you take away the points 8n the paint, we win in a landslide.
-Um
-The deep state scoreboard operator was giving the opponent millions of points.
-um
-Look at the stands! We had way more fans than them!

Totally. The very notion of administrative agencies would have been abhorrent to them.

Well yeah. The idea of government addressing the needs of people has always been abhorrent to the elites.

I don’t remember a conservative history portion of the SAT.

It's not conservative history. It's just history. Reasonable minds can disagree today over whether the administrative state is a good thing or not, but there is no dispute over the fact that, as a historical matter, the founders did not contemplate the administrative state and that, as a theoretical matter, it runs counter to many of the concepts articulated in the Federalist Papers.

cool. that was a long time ago. things change, much to the chagrin of conservatives.

There's a lot the founders didn't contemplate, which is why originalism would be a joke even if it weren't in the bastardized, activist form in which it is applied today.

Yeah really really dumb to think a bunch of people from a time in history where for example things like cutting out the bad blood was considered good medicine were completely infallible when it came to forming a government. Don’t worry guys it was only every other aspect of life that they were primitive in comparison to modern day, formation of government, fucking 100% big brain god like insight!

It's not conservative history. It's just history. Reasonable minds can disagree today over whether the administrative state is a good thing or not, but there is no dispute over the fact that, as a historical matter, the founders did not contemplate the administrative state and that, as a theoretical matter, it runs counter to many of the concepts articulated in the Federalist Papers.

No shit. That’s what I said. The elites saw no role of government to address the needs of the people. The role of government changed when the Constitution gave equal rights to people who didn’t previously have them. If the government doesn’t protect those rights, the Constitution may as well not exist.

Those Founders really fucked us over with their genius system they put in place

Totally. The very notion of administrative agencies would have been abhorrent to them.

They would have been more horrified by the standing army. The country has come a long way from its start as a weak colonial backwater. If it hadn’t, then the nation would have ceased to exist long ago.

No shit. That’s what I said. The elites saw no role of government to address the needs of the people. The role of government changed when the Constitution gave equal rights to people who didn’t previously have them. If the government doesn’t protect those rights, the Constitution may as well not exist.

I wait with bated breath to hear how the administrative state was born out of concerns for protecting the rights created by the Civil War Amendments.

Yeah really really dumb to think a bunch of people from a time in history where for example things like cutting out the bad blood was considered good medicine were completely infallible when it came to forming a government. Don’t worry guys it was only every other aspect of life that they were primitive in comparison to modern day, formation of government, fucking 100% big brain god like insight!

I'm not going to get drawn into yet another debate about originalism, but I should at least point out that this argument is based on a flawed premise. No one is claiming the founders were "completely infallible," or even partially so. The claim of originalism is simply that the document the founders gave us is the law, whether that document is good, bad, or indifferent.

Back