• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

LOL. That's a sweet name that will outlive this shitty conspiracy theory.

They don't start playing for another season right? That will probably help.

"release the Kraken" is old-school for pulling out yer thing to make some love. I figured everyone was saying it. as in "hey baby, let's release the kraken for a quickie before we head out for the night"

What's the end game here? intimidate anyone into now wanting to be an election supervisor so the only people left to volunteer are Trump crazies?

Today, the United States has a House filled with gerrymandered districts, a Senate dramatically tilted toward rural states, some state legislatures controlled by electoral minorities or slim majorities who get to exercise power as if they were overwhelming, and a Supreme Court with three justices appointed by a president who lost the popular vote. Is it any wonder that Trump thinks he can defy the results of the election and cling to power despite losing an election? Or that his party does not stand up for the will of voters?

Fuck the republican party.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...inept-and-deadly-serious-coup-attempt/617309/

That's a devastating quote. I also like the one later - "The Senate is so lopsided right now that 26 states containing just 17 percent of the U.S. population elect a majority of senators—the smallest that proportion has ever been." Again, 17% of the US population gets to elect 52 Senators. All those folks who keep defending our current system should take a long, hard look at that stat and really think about its implications for the future. It's one thing to say that rural and less-populated areas should have a voice in our political system, and quite another to say that they should dominate and control that system, especially given that they are a clear minority.

That's a devastating quote. I also like the one later - "The Senate is so lopsided right now that 26 states containing just 17 percent of the U.S. population elect a majority of senators—the smallest that proportion has ever been." Again, 17% of the US population gets to elect 52 Senators. All those folks who keep defending our current system should take a long, hard look at that stat and really think about its implications for the future. It's one thing to say that rural and less-populated areas should have a voice in our political system, and quite another to say that they should dominate and control that system, especially given that they are a clear minority.

Here's a crazy stat for you. In her one Senate general election, Kamala Harris got more votes than Mitch McConnell got in his seven elections combined. And she ran against another Democrat.

I think it says more about the losers who can't organize and incentivize some liberal companies to move their headquarters to south dakota

I think it says more about the losers who can't organize and incentivize some liberal companies to move their headquarters to south dakota

It’s the obvious solution. If I had fuck you money, I’d attack Republican gerrymandering head on and just put liberals in right leaning districts to screw up the lean.

I'd be willing to bet when Tom daschle (d-sd) was democratic majority leader you'd sign a different tune. Learn some fucking history. Connecticut compromise. reading is fudamental.

It’s the obvious solution. If I had fuck you money, I’d attack Republican gerrymandering head on and just put liberals in right leaning districts to screw up the lean.

Given the spreads in this most recent election, At this point it's really just about some New York and California Companies moving to Florida, Atlanta, and North Carolina , Philadelphia and Vegas. Much of that is already happening with Wall Street relocating to Florida. Not sure that helps, though.

South Dakota and Wyoming would just be for good measure.

Numbers shift and so do electoral patterns. Selling expediency is always a easy answer, mercifully made difficult by the constitution

Given the spreads in this most recent election, At this point it's really just about some New York and California Companies moving to Florida, Atlanta, and North Carolina , Philadelphia and Vegas. Much of that is already happening with Wall Street relocating to Florida. Not sure that helps, though.

South Dakota and Wyoming would just be for good measure.

Yeah. I've outlined it before. CA could shed a million voters from non-competitive districts and make up the gaps in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, and both Dakotas.

Like I posted yesterday, CA is so big that that there are more Trump voters in CA than in any other state.

Back