• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Now Mitch McConnell has congratulated Biden.

My head hurts so bad trying to follow Trump's Michigan claims.

The best I can tell, a Republican county clerk in Antrim County fucked up reporting her tallies & it was caught within a day. The problem was fixed/resolved 6 weeks ago.

Trump won this county, by a significant margin.

There was an issue on this local ballot (marijuana dispensary issue) that was affected by the human error, which again, was fixed.

The president genuinely believes that this invalidates our entire presidential election, nationwide. Err, well, in the states he lost.

It's just so spectacularly stupid at this point.

The issue in Antrim, reported in real time: https://www.freep.com/story/news/po...ounty-vote-glitch-software-update/6194745002/

Last edited:
I just don't understand "promoting" (twitter, etc) any lunatic who continues to insist the election isn't over.
I mean it's like giving a serial killer a platform to justify the killing of his/her victims.
It's over and yes, there are wackos everywhere who will never concede but do the rest of us have to give them any mind?
Ignore the fools.

I just don't understand "promoting" (twitter, etc) any lunatic who continues to insist the election isn't over.
I mean it's like giving a serial killer a platform to justify the killing of his/her victims.
It's over and yes, there are wackos everywhere who will never concede but do the rest of us have to give them any mind?
Ignore the fools.

A Republican candidate for governor isn't just some random Internet yahoo.

Ignore the fools.

Does this include the >60% of House Republicans that signed the Texas brief less than a week ago or no?

My head hurts so bad trying to follow Trump's Michigan claims.

The best I can tell, a Republican county clerk in Antrim County fucked up reporting her tallies & it was caught within a day. The problem was fixed/resolved 6 weeks ago.

Trump won this county, by a significant margin.

There was an issue on this local ballot (marijuana dispensary issue) that was affected by the human error, which again, was fixed.

The president genuinely believes that this invalidates our entire presidential election, nationwide. Err, well, in the states he lost.

It's just so spectacularly stupid at this point.

The issue in Antrim, reported in real time: https://www.freep.com/story/news/po...ounty-vote-glitch-software-update/6194745002/

To be fair, it is a matter of how you interpret data and I guess we could call it an interpolation vs extrapolation issue. Most of us view election irregularities as something that has to be so rampant that it could turn over an election; we've put a ton of effort into finding election fraud/irregularities and found very very little so we conclude that the occurrence of election fraud and irregularities are very rare and we interpolate that it is not widespread enough to over turn an election. The opposing view here would be that finding one instance of election fraud or an irregularity, mean that they do in fact occur and they extrapolate to the conclusion that the whole system is suspect..."We found one error, which means there could many more errors! Could be millions!!" That is an egregious misuse of extrapolation as a concept, but it is something that people do.

Ignore the fools.

You realize that the biggest fool of them all is still in power, correct?

Does this include the >60% of House Republicans that signed the Texas brief less than a week ago or no?

I'm not justifying their behavior but they followed their Party's line. They still have to operate in the Swamp once 1/20/21 comes.
Yesterday sealed the deal; your paranoia can cease and desist. No coup, no insurrection, finis. Even old Mitch the Bitch relented today.
Time to stop giving anyone (including Dump) who wants to say differently, any press at all.
Fat chance I know, but I can wish can't I?

I'm not justifying their behavior but they followed their Party's line. They still have to operate in the Swamp once 1/20/21 comes.
Yesterday sealed the deal; your paranoia can cease and desist. No coup, no insurrection, finis. Even old Mitch the Bitch relented today.
Time to stop giving anyone (including Dump) who wants to say differently, any press at all.

So when any of those 126 Republican representatives say something after the Supreme Court decision that Trump's fight isn't over yet, they become a "lunatic" that doesn't deserve to have a platform to put forth any ideas in the future, correct?

Just making sure what you are saying is actually about identifying, discrediting, and ignoring the lunatics and not about allowing these voices to continue to do whatever they want quietly without criticism.

“Followed their Party’s line” but that line was promoting the lunacy you complain about...you’re so close

In this post, Pops admits the Republican party's line is subverting the US Constitution.

Wasn't this the Swamp that Trump was supposed to drain?

A Republican candidate for governor isn't just some random Internet yahoo.

VA Republicans are nominating their candidate by convention, probably in Richmond in June, so I'll have a bunch of Q-Anon supporting, gun toting loonies marching through my neighborhood in hopes of giving the presidency to Trump after 2021. I won't have the luxury of ignoring the crazies.

Back