• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Wasn't this the Swamp that Trump was supposed to drain?

VA Republicans are nominating their candidate by convention, probably in Richmond in June, so I'll have a bunch of Q-Anon supporting, gun toting loonies marching through my neighborhood in hopes of giving the presidency to Trump after 2021. I won't have the luxury of ignoring the crazies.

VA Pubs just won't learn. They won't do a primary, and conventions have led to nominating the most lunatic fringe candidates. 1 of their Lt Gov candidates a couple cycles ago said that yoga led to devil worship.

I just don't understand "promoting" (twitter, etc) any lunatic who continues to insist the election isn't over.
I mean it's like giving a serial killer a platform to justify the killing of his/her victims.
It's over and yes, there are wackos everywhere who will never concede but do the rest of us have to give them any mind?
Ignore the fools.

Fuck you. You normalized this behavior this last month. You don't get to tuck tail and run from it now.

Fuck you. You normalized this behavior this last month. You don't get to tuck tail and run from it now.

I can't even imagine anyone in real life tolerating you. Do you practice being a dick or is this your everyday behavior?

I'm generally very agreeable. Just fed up with bullshit from people like you this election year.

I can't even imagine anyone in real life tolerating you. Do you practice being a dick or is this your everyday behavior?

LK's a dick to you specifically. And maybe RJ. You're a dick to just about everyone on the boards. For someone incessantly posting that everyone's a hypocrite, this is an impressively tone-deaf lack of self-awareness. So really just classic DeacsPop.

LK's a dick to you specifically. And maybe RJ. You're a dick to just about everyone on the boards. For someone incessantly posting that everyone's a hypocrite, this is an impressively tone-deaf lack of self-awareness. So really just classic DeacsPop.

Right, when you don’t agree with the Gang, you’re a dick. Got it.

Former Houston Police Captain Paid to Hold Up Air Conditioner Repairman Over Crackpot Voter Fraud Theory: Cops

The retired policeman allegedly used his SUV to ram the back of the repairman’s truck on Oct. 19 to lure the Lopez-Zuniga from the car around 5:30 a.m. Aguirre claimed to police the collision had been an accident. Once Lopez-Zuniga exited his vehicle, Aguirre held him at gunpoint and knelt on his back while an unnamed accomplice took the truck to a nearby parking lot, where police found it, authorities said.

Aguirre told investigators he was a member of a civilian organization calling itself Liberty Center for God and Country that was engaged in a vigilante probe of the election. The group paid Aguirre $266,400, the district attorney said.

According to the police report, Aguirre told his arresting officer, “I just hope you’re a patriot.” The former cop also parroted a conspiracy theory about donations from Mark Zuckerberg swaying the election.

This group paid a cop $266,400 to harass somebody based on a conspiracy theory? A lot doesn't add up here.

1 - You refuse to admit the Republican Party’s responsibility for and complicity with Trump.
2 - You refuse to take Trump, and his REPUBLICAN cult of personality, seriously, despite all of the harm they continue to cause.

Your party and ideology have been “Trumpy” for my entire life. The Republican moral authorities have always been adulterers and philanderers. Your captains of industry, corrupt thieves. What did you think all those years of Reagan-ism, “moral” majority, Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh, and Fox News were leading up to?

The entire Republican ideology is tied up in an economically and politically dominant minority that’s wholly consumed with spiting the dominant cultural majority. That’s it.

None of that s*** matters... And you know why because Rob Reiner called Trump illegitimate on CNN one time!!!!!!

None of that s*** matters... And you know why because Rob Reiner called Trump illegitimate on CNN one time!!!!!!

From 2017 to 2019 it was pointed out a number of times that Republicans and conservatives controlled all 3 branches of the federal government, over 30 state governorships, and two-thirds of the state legislatures, yet both Trump and the GOP base still complained and acted as if they were powerless victims to LibDems who somehow controlled everything in spite of the above facts. The repeated response from many conservatives here and elsewhere (I believe sailor was one) was that the GOP completely controlling the federal government and most state governments didn't really matter, because evil LibDems still controlled Hollywood and the entire entertainment industry and most of the news media and nearly all colleges and universities and so poor conservatives were just ridiculed on TV and in movies and celebrities and worthless college professors said mean things about them and so they were still oppressed and victimized. So even winning complete control of the government isn't enough, only when liberals are driven from every public venue will they finally feel they have found a safe space. But liberals, remember, are the snowflakes.

No, you're just a dick. Has nothing to do with what stance you've been taking, flawed as that stance may be. You started out posturing as some kind of anti-trump conservative realist, but when posters pushed back on some very obvious holes in your schtick you've devolved into a snarky shitposter. You're not alone in that category from either side of the isle, but it doesn't excuse it. Just read back through your last 20 posts and ask yourself how many offer absolutely zero value to a conversation.

Only other time I can remember mentioning you is when you leapt to the defense of a racist poster. Ignore if you like, just letting you know how you come off.

From 2017 to 2019 it was pointed out a number of times that Republicans and conservatives controlled all 3 branches of the federal government, over 30 state governorships, and two-thirds of the state legislatures, yet both Trump and the GOP base still complained and acted as if they were powerless victims to LibDems who somehow controlled everything in spite of the above facts. The repeated response from many conservatives here and elsewhere (I believe sailor was one) was that the GOP completely controlling the federal government and most state governments didn't really matter, because evil LibDems still controlled Hollywood and the entire entertainment industry and most of the news media and nearly all colleges and universities and so poor conservatives were just ridiculed on TV and in movies and celebrities and worthless college professors said mean things about them and so they were still oppressed and victimized. So even winning complete control of the government isn't enough, only when liberals are driven from every public venue will they finally feel they have found a safe space. But liberals, remember, are the snowflakes.

Eternal victimhood is the core value of today's Republican party. They can't handle a world in which their race, gender, social class, etc. doesn't guarantee them enormous advantages over others.

They also know their chosen policies are actually awful for the majority of people and deeply unpopular.

So they’ve chosen to obfuscate them with stuff like “muh freedom” and radicalize their base against anything evil-Dem so they’ll support anything, rather than try to sell people honestly on their ideas (lol) or to craft better ideas and policies to be better for the country (LOL).

Remember that time that top Democrats called on Obama to declare martial law to put Hillary in the White House?

Wasn't the impeachment an attempt to undo the results of the 2016 election of a duly elected president?

Back