• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

No, words have meaning. And I think it's fair to call out the media if they're not referring to him as a suicide bomber because that's exactly what he did. But the traditional meaning of terrorism implies the crime had a political/religious purpose that he was attempting to further, so I think it's appropriate not to refer to him as a terrorist until such time as the FBI informs us of the results of their investigation. If you commit mass murder because you're nuts, then you're just a mass murderer. We unfortunately get a lot of mass murder in our country. Not all of it is referred to as terrorism, despite how terrifying it is.

Connor, I haven't seen anything yet to suggest a connection to the election. The only possible connection I've seen speculated in the media so far is AT&T. But given his age, ethnicity and personality, I wouldn't be astonished if something like that was a motivating factor. I'm just glad no one else was killed.

He installed security systems for a living, right? Seems like an aging IT hermit would fit the profile pretty well.

He installed security systems for a living, right? Seems like an aging IT hermit would fit the profile pretty well.

Yup, very possible. But I'd thought the FBI would have found a manifesto or something at the house with him explaining himself. And that would have already come out had they found such documents, so I think it's safe to assume he didn't leave something explaining his beliefs and actions. So they're going to have to piece that together from his internet history, social media (if any), interviews with acquaintances and the like. It'll probably take a while before they come out with their profile of the guy and his motivations.

Yup, very possible. But I'd thought the FBI would have found a manifesto or something at the house with him explaining himself. And that would have already come out had they found such documents, so I think it's safe to assume he didn't leave something explaining his beliefs and actions. So they're going to have to piece that together from his internet history, social media (if any), interviews with acquaintances and the like. It'll probably take a while before they come out with their profile of the guy and his motivations.

I did a weird kick out of the idea that his last thought was “Oh shit. I forgot to hit send.”

From everything i have seen he is just a quiet guy (hermit type), his brother died two years ago, just recently diagnosed with cancer and maybe the pandemic pushed him over the edge. I have seen a lot of him being a 5G conspiracy theorist that thought they were spying on him. probably more to it as his dad, who died in 2011, worked for Bell South and had lived with him for a long time.

i have seen nothing about the election of the voting machines outside of Republicans and other conspiracy people.

I did a weird kick out of the idea that his last thought was “Oh shit. I forgot to hit send.”

Or maybe he listened to Herm Edwards and didn't hit send. With no obvious manifesto, I think this guy took it to the grave and wanted people guessing.

My wife just said, “Maybe he wanted to go out with a bang and that’s it.”

He was shitting in his RV downtown listening to “Downtown.” He was careful to avoid casualties. He may have made a bigger bomb than he wanted. Who knows?

From everything i have seen he is just a quiet guy (hermit type), his brother died two years ago, just recently diagnosed with cancer and maybe the pandemic pushed him over the edge. I have seen a lot of him being a 5G conspiracy theorist that thought they were spying on him. probably more to it as his dad, who died in 2011, worked for Bell South and had lived with him for a long time.

i have seen nothing about the election of the voting machines outside of Republicans and other conspiracy people.

My dad spent the last few months of his life convinced that the government was spying on him and asking to be transferred to a special naval hospital so he could be protected as a whistleblower. Cancer can definitely fuck with your mental health.

It’s possible he put something in the mail and it’s sitting in a post office somewhere with my wife’s last Christmas gift.

Damn, palma. That's horrible.

I remember when Al Gore did the exact same thing in 2000. This is just normal stuff you guys. It’s not a coop until it’s a coop.

LOL birdman.

It’s possible he put something in the mail and it’s sitting in a post office somewhere with my wife’s last Christmas gift.

That's actually a good point.

Weird how a white woman is a legitimate eyewitness when they say a Black boy or man is dangerous but a white woman isn’t a sufficient eyewitness to a white man building a bomb.

And this is another reminder that police are not obligated to do jack shit. And that lawyer is a piece of work too.

I remember when Al Gore did the exact same thing in 2000. This is just normal stuff you guys. It’s not a coop until it’s a coop.

You’d think the bird guy would know the difference between a coup and a coop.

Weird how a white woman is a legitimate eyewitness when they say a Black boy or man is dangerous but a white woman isn’t a sufficient eyewitness to a white man building a bomb.

And this is another reminder that police are not obligated to do jack shit. And that lawyer is a piece of work too.

I was thinking how profiling people, who were not engaged in a crime, was an accepted law enforcement tactic to find criminals but someone telling law enforcement about a specific person preparing for a crime wasn’t worth the effort to engage.

Official Election Month Thread: Pubs foment insurrection

I was thinking how profiling people, who were not engaged in a crime, was an accepted law enforcement tactic to find criminals but someone telling law enforcement about a specific person preparing for a crime wasn’t worth the effort to engage.

Yep.

And nobody will be held accountable for this because we treat law enforcement as heroes and give them massive budgets but they have no real obligation to serve.

Back