• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

That phone call doesn't make the Cruz 12 or the 130 House republicans aware of anything they don't already know about Donald Trump. And they'll still support him.

They’re not dumb. They’re corrupt.

They’re not weak. They’re complicit.

They’re part of the whole scheme.

We are totally dumb. And bat ass crazy. Here's a Party trying to win control of the Senate and their Leader pisses all over the Governor of the State he endorsed (a la McCain) and supported and then continue to contest an election they clearly lost on such a massive level that any discrepancy that occurred would in no way affect the result.
Clearly selfish bastards and if they lose control Tuesday, they will have no one to blame but themselves.
I am officially declaring myself an Independent. F em.

😯

Well said.

Cruz is exceptionally intelligent, which is what makes him so dangerous.

Congresspeople spend a shitload of their time on the phone raising money. Raising money is over 50% of the job. They'll do just about anything for money.

Trump is on the grift constantly.

So...

Trump makes call to Raffensberger knowing he can't/won't do a thing about vote counts. What is he going to do, where is he going to "find" votes? So preposterous even Trump doesn't believe it, and flipping GA alone doesn't give him WH.

Immediately tweets about it and his base gets a woody thinking something will happen, ponies up more cash.

Cruz and the other congress fucks know their little stunt won't really do anything, except raise money from the base.

profit

And what they're doing is even more reprehensible that what Trump is doing, if that's possible. Trump is a pathological liar with a severe personality disorder. He is without morals, has no shame and no sense of right and wrong. The republicans supporting him all know exactly the nature of the man they are lining up behind. And they knew it before this phone call became public.

Who would want to bet that there haven't been similar conversations with the Secs State in PA, MI, WI, AZ, and so on.

Well said.

Cruz is exceptionally intelligent, which is what makes him so dangerous.

I don’t think Cruz is “exceptionally intelligent.” I’ve seen no evidence of this. I don’t think he’s duped by Trump though.

That phone call doesn't make the Cruz 12 or the 130 House republicans aware of anything they don't already know about Donald Trump. And they'll still support him.

Because they would pay a political price to oppose him. It’s been this way since 2016. It will be this way in the foreseeable future.

Because the Republican base is extremely unintelligent and they have been duped by Trump.

Hasn't this charade done more harm than good to the whole voter fraud argument? Now we have a shit ton of data proving it's all been been a, well, hoax...

Unfortunately, no. Republicans believe there are thousands of episodes of fraud that have been reported. Look at the affidavits! It’s just being covered up. All they can hear is that fraud has been claimed. They won’t accept that it doesn’t hold up to objective scrutiny and isn’t even worth trying to present in court.

Unfortunately, no. Republicans believe there are thousands of episodes of fraud that have been reported. Look at the affidavits! It’s just being covered up. All they can hear is that fraud has been claimed. They won’t accept that it doesn’t hold up to objective scrutiny and isn’t even worth trying to present in court.

True. But it should be harder for voter suppression laws to stand up in court.

Listening to this, I mean it's just an unrelenting onslaught of bullshit, it's pretty hard to not eventually get convinced if you listen to it long enough. This is nothing we don't already know in how his propaganda works, but I mean you can see how this convinces people.

Back