• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Yes. Things are going quite well for them. They will make big gains in 2022 and will win the White House in 2024.

Yes they are wildly successful at winning elections.

They wildly awful at governing, solving problems, having a platform, being leaders, etc.

Kelly Loeffler announced she will object to the certification.

Seems incredibly stupid the night before an election.

Fucking squinty white bread ass trying his damndest to grab a chunk of Trump’s voters even though he has all the charisma of a sock.

^ wait the leader of the Proud Boys is named fucking “Enrique”?!?!?! Lol that is too rich

Fucking squinty white bread ass trying his damndest to grab a chunk of Trump’s voters even though he has all the charisma of a sock.

It really is like the assistants to the cult leader all kissing his ass and trying to look like the most enthusiastic and eager and loyal servant so they can be anointed as the successor. Except that the cult leader has no sense of loyalty to any of them and will turn against them on a dime if they step out of line in any way. Also, nearly all of them - Hawley, Cruz, Cotton - are just pale imitations of the original. I don't care how much they suck up to his base, I just don't see any of them generating the wild enthusiasm that Dear Leader has in his followers.

To be fair, state lines and gerrymandering could help them in Congress in 2022 to overturn any 2024 election results. That’s the real game here.

some conflicting reports on Twitter say that Pence is going to not show up tomorrow for certification and that Grassley will preside instead. Grassley's office is already backpedaling on it.

Yes they are wildly successful at winning elections.

They wildly awful at governing, solving problems, having a platform, being leaders, etc.

Frankly, I don't think "things are going quite well" for either party. History will eventually judge the current Pub party quite harshly, but that doesn't help much in the next 4 years. I think Pubs do have a decent shot at the house in 2022 and the WH in 2024. But the fractures in the Pub party run as deep, if not deeper, than they do in the Dem party. And while it's obvious that the Dems have a serious question about whether they can come up with a consensus nominee in 2024, the Pubs face their own problems if Trump is not the nominee. They could face a difficult primary season with a traditional Pub like a Sasse or Hogan going up against a Trump child and a Trump surrogate like a Hawley. I've yet to see that either Hawley or 1 of Trump's kids are able to have anywhere near the same level of charisma that Trump enjoys with Trumpites. And assuming Trump is alive, I don't know that he'll be of help to the Pub party because he's only concerned about himself. I am more scared of the Pubs winning with Trump on the ballot, at which point we will become a banana republic.

Back