• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

The coup is happening live. Trump needs to be arrested for trying overthrow the US government!

Seems like someone was right, you should be able to conceal carry while in congress.

Lol got em Mitt!!

c51e762403072f085d8d9f0d62a72aa3.jpg

I feel like you could easily classify storming the capitol building while in session an act of terrorism and just shoot on sight.

Does this make the police Antifa? I'm so confused by this shocking turn of events.

I feel like you could easily classify storming the capitol building while in session an act of terrorism and just shoot on sight.

It is terrorism, but 40-45% of the country doesn't want to have that conversation

Reporter Lisa Desjardins on the PBS feed about 10 min ago interviewing one of the fuckwits inside:

[after showing her he had been shot with a rubber bullet]
"So tell me, do you not think this is violent, breaking into the US Capitol?"
"Was 1776 violent?"
"You're telling me this is on the same level as the American Revolution?"
"It might be the first stepping stone."

Let’s see how Junebug manages to bosides this day. Be sure to include how the confederate flag was prominently paraded through the capitol building.

I anxiously await all of the conservatives telling us (as they have for the past four years) that: 1) Trump's overheated rhetoric is just entertainment and trolling libs and never really amounts to anything, 2) The enthusiastic embrace of many Republicans for incendiary rhetoric regarding Democrats and the need to stop them from taking power also never really amounts to anything, and 3) none of this is unusual or unprecedented, 4) that Democrats have done something similar before so the Republicans aren't really to blame, or 5) any of the other bullshit excuses that we've heard now for four years.

When you nominate and elect a Donald J. Trump or similar type there will eventually be serious consequences. As long as the economy was strong most Americans (certainly most Republicans) just overlooked a lot of the crap spewing from the administration, or even laughed at it. But then came the pandemic and the administration's incompetent response, the economic implosion, and finally - and inevitably - this Banana Republic dictator scene in DC today. This is your party and its base, Republicans. But you got all those sweet originalist judges and gutting of environmental and business regulations and whatnot, so no doubt it was all worth it. Right?

Last edited:

All under control. Stay calm.

Back