• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

I guess two ways to think about it. No sympathy because they were in an insurrection mob storming a government building, or sympathy because they lost their life for nothing, over a narcissitic psycho that doesnt give two shits about them. Also clearly they have some mental issues since they were manipulated into believing all this bullshit.

Four deaths
1. Qanon woman veteran shot to death that last posted there's nothing that can stop us
2. 34 year old woman, trampled to death by the MAGA mob
3. 55 year old man that had a heart attack while storming a building
4. 50 year old man I believe fell to his death while trying to scale a wall (even though there are steps)

I've thought for a long time that there is far more mental and emotional illness in our society than is typically known, and the percentage of our population that suffers from mental and/or emotional illness is considerably higher than most people think. Most of these people function just well enough to keep going, but many of them are easy prey for conspiracy theories, demagogues, and other crap. Everything I've seen over the past four years has just bolstered my belief.

just saw the Trump concession video

would really love to know what went down behind the scenes to go from yesterday to that

don't forget: #3 tased himself, causing the heart attack. This was like someone wanted to shut down the Darwin awards for 2021 in the first week of the year.

Speaking of confederates, I think I've plugged this book before, but I highly recommend "Confederates in the Attic" by Tony Horwitz, think it was written back in the 90s. It covers guys who were reenactors and the Old South folks who were still into the cause. Also liked his follow-up from a few years back "Spying on the South".

Confederates in the Attic is a terrific read. Another good read for the culture wars is "What's the Matter with Kansas? How Conservatives Won the Heart of America."

It's amazing that conservatives still don't understand the first amendment, and this one went to Yale law school. Apparently, a degree from Yale law is not worth the paper it's printed on -- they should rescind his law degree.

It's also amazing that so-called free enterprise, capitalism at all costs conservatives want to tell a private business how to run itself. They stand for literally nothing anymore other than grift.

Grift and playing the victim. Given the way most politicians work he didn't write that book anyway - a ghostwriter likely wrote most of it for him. No doubt most of the proceeds will go to his 2024 presidential campaign.

don't forget: #3 tased himself, causing the heart attack. This was like someone wanted to shut down the Darwin awards for 2021 in the first week of the year.

Is it still a Darwin award if you have five kids?

Profiles in courage -- leaving a guy a week and a half before he is booted from office because he did basically the same shit he's been doing for four years. Not all heroes wear capes.

Not to mention all the shit she's done to education for the past four years. How noble of her to quit now.

how in the fuck does Cruz think he can rally that base of rubes? his sniveling persona is enough to turn anyone off.

Agreed. I don't think Cruz will ever be president, as someone once noted he looks like the Munster kid from the old Munsters TV series, and he's a classic, painfully obvious weasel. But I also think that he's delusional and egotistical enough to think that he actually has a chance, so he'll likely keep trying every four years for as long as he's in the Senate.

That is a great article, especially about how deep in denial Republicans in DC were about how Trump's rhetoric (and their own) was radicalizing their own base. It's a powerful rebuke to all those who have insisted for four years that Trump is just an entertainer and that his rhetoric and tweets and speeches are just harmless fun or blowing off steam for attention, and worrying about it or getting angered by it was silly. He lit a fire that ultimately led to this, and a good many others in the GOP played right along.

[h=1]Major Josh Hawley donor calls for him to be censured by the U.S. Senate[/h] [h=2]David Humphreys called Hawley an ‘an anti-democracy populist’ who provoked the D.C. riots[/h]
https://missouriindependent.com/202...lls-for-him-to-be-censured-by-the-u-s-senate/

A Joplin businessman who helped bankroll Sen. Josh Hawley’s first campaign denounced him on Thursday as a “political opportunist” who used “irresponsible, inflammatory, and dangerous tactics” to incite the rioting that took over the U.S. Capitol Building.
In a statement late Thursday, David Humphreys, president and CEO of Tamko Building Products, added his voice to a growing chorus of Republicans angry at Hawley for leading a challenge to the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.
Humphreys called on the U.S. Senate to censure Hawley “for provoking yesterday’s riots in our nation’s capital.”

[h=1]Danforth calls his support of Hawley the ‘worst mistake’ of his life[/h]
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...cle_0f8288fc-4b22-5fe7-8cb9-d29161a7cf81.html

Before the insurrection against the Capitol, after Hawley, a Republican, had become the first senator to announce plans to seek to overturn the election of President-elect Joe Biden, Danforth criticized his protégé, a fellow Yale Law School graduate.

He called Hawley’s plan “radical” and dangerous.

Now, after the attack on the American election and the siege by rioters that left four people dead, Danforth has even stronger words.

Supporting Josh and trying so hard to get him elected to the Senate was the worst mistake I ever made in my life,” Danforth said in a phone interview Thursday afternoon. “Yesterday was the physical culmination of the long attempt (by Hawley and others) to foment a lack of public confidence in our democratic system. It is very dangerous to America to continue pushing this idea that government doesn’t work and that voting was fraudulent.”

I don't know, I think he and the guy who died because he was climbing a wall when there were steps nearby are neck and broken neck

Trump literally lies in the first 9 seconds of that video and its a big one. Says he immediately sent in the national guard. No you didn't, you demented piece of shit. They deliberately cut you out of the decision because they know you are a traitor to this country.

It really is something to consider that half of americans think hawley and trump are complete pieces of worthless dog shit, and the other half truly believe that they're on a mission from God. At this point there's no middle ground left.

Where are all the conspiracy theorists to explain how the Democrats stole two elections in Georgia just 2 months after stealing the presidential election? Was no one paying attention to the vote counting this time? Even with increased scrutiny, it turns out that just over half of Georgians voted against the lunatics.

Back