• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

I hear you, but in the two national polls conducted SINCE WEDNESDAY, Trump has 38% and 39% approval. That's 5% among Dems and 77% among Pubs. And it's only down five points from 43% overall in December.

So, I'm not as optimistic. He needs to be impeached because I don't trust this country for shit to not put him in power again, especially after four years of messaging on blast without having to run the country.

Its good you finally stopped holding out hope that the leader of your, apparently now former, party would ever, even once, do the right thing. Its time for you to reevaluate how you view the republican party as a whole and ask if they have shown any sign that they will do the right thing for their country rather than keeping themselves and their party in power. The signs have been obvious for a long time for those paying attention. Glad you seem to be doing that now. Just because graham or mcconell stood up after being in fear for their lives and said the right thing does not mean their actions will change.

I hear you, but in the two national polls conducted SINCE WEDNESDAY, Trump has 38% and 39% approval. That's 5% among Dems and 77% among Pubs. And it's only down five points from 43% overall in December.

So, I'm not as optimistic. He needs to be impeached because I don't trust this country for shit to not put him in power again, especially after four years of messaging on blast without having to run the country.

Pretty sure 77% is an all time low among Republicans at least since the start of his presidency.

For what's it worth, every Pub/Conservative I have communicated with it except one has condemned Dump for his action Wednesday and vowed never to support him again.
As far as my apology, I have said that while it was my strategy to ignore him, others who appeared concerned to the length he would go to disrupt the post election atmosphere were right. Following his antics since the 80's in NYC, I should of known what he was capable of.
As far as the future, I firmly believe that, while I understand the skepticism, Dump won't be able to win dog catcher again let alone public office.
(Seeing my track record so far, I'm due to get one right.)
Hope so.

Your anecdotal golfing buddies do not hold up to the data.

https://news.yahoo.com/45-republicans-approve-capitol-riots-175802626.html

FORTY FIVE PERCENT of Republicans approve of storming the Capitol.

Your party has fucked our nation.

Policing tactics in the U.S. have changed in the seven months since George Floyd was killed by Minneapolis police, sparking nationwide protests last year. In Portland, Ore., months of nightly demonstrations escalated after President Trump sent in federal agents to protect a federal courthouse.

In a letter to federal officials on Monday, Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser urged federal law enforcement to maintain a light footprint for Wednesday’s protests, seeking to avoid the type of show of force that had inflamed tense situations in the city last year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...d-capitol-backfired-spectacularly-11610064600

Seems like maybe we should re-think this again

Official Election Month Thread: Preparing for the WDC SMACKDOWN on 1/19! PPV or CNN!

Policing hasn’t changed.

Either way, see what I posted about this being a security failure not a policing issue. They failed to serve a specific constituency they were charged to protect.

Last edited:
Policing hasn’t changed.

Either way, see what I posted about this being a security failure not a policing issue. They failed to serve a specific constituency they were charged to protect.

I mean, they literally stood aside and let the hordes walk casually in to the capital.

For what's it worth, every Pub/Conservative I have communicated with it except one has condemned Dump for his action Wednesday and vowed never to support him again.
As far as my apology, I have said that while it was my strategy to ignore him, others who appeared concerned to the length he would go to disrupt the post election atmosphere were right. Following his antics since the 80's in NYC, I should of known what he was capable of.
As far as the future, I firmly believe that, while I understand the skepticism, Dump won't be able to win dog catcher again let alone public office.
Hope so.

They’ll all be back to MAGA in two weeks tops

This one is for ITC

5b42b62d51dd73293238ebb7068ee050.jpg

I mean, they literally stood aside and let the hordes walk casually in to the capital.

Yes, some did, but some didn’t. We’ve seen footage of both.

It’s pretty obvious the size of the overall police force was not adequate. They were simply overwhelmed by the crowd. The DC Metro PD was the lead agency, and it looks like there were about 1,500 capitol police, 1,000 MPD officers, and 340 unarmed national guardsmen, who were primarily helping with traffic.

It also looks like the reason the overall force was so small was due to Mayor Bowser’s request that no additional federal officers be present, other than the contingent of unarmed national guardsmen, which was based on her displeasure with the show of force during the BLM protests over the summer.

The question, however, is why did some of the officers, who I presume were capitol police officers, literally stand aside at the doors of the capitol? Were they told not to fight? If so, by whom? Did they recognize they were grossly outnumbered and decide to just stand aside? Did they let the crowd in because they thought they were peaceful and didn’t think they would do anything once inside?

It just doesn’t make any sense.

Yes, some did, but some didn’t. We’ve seen footage of both.

It’s pretty obvious the size of the overall police force was not adequate. They were simply overwhelmed by the crowd. The DC Metro PD was the lead agency, and it looks like there were about 1,500 capitol police, 1,000 MPD officers, and 340 unarmed national guardsmen, who were primarily helping with traffic.

It also looks like the reason the overall force was so small was due to Mayor Bowser’s request that no additional federal officers be present, other than the contingent of unarmed national guardsmen, which was based on her displeasure with the show of force during the BLM protests over the summer.

The question, however, is why did some of the officers, who I presume were capitol police officers, literally stand aside at the doors of the capitol? Were they told not to fight? If so, by whom? Did they recognize they were grossly outnumbered and decide to just stand aside? Did they let the crowd in because they thought they were peaceful and didn’t think they would do anything once inside?

It just doesn’t make any sense.

Then how come she said she asked for more and the Gov. of MD states he offered troops over and over before being allowed to participate by the DOD?

So I assume that when Biden is sworn in and Trump is no longer president it will be all part of the Qanon plan and now he is just really the secret president?

Hope so.

Good on you.

Hope so.

Any chance the one is a poster here that works in insurance?

Then how come she said she asked for more and the Gov. of MD states he offered troops over and over before being allowed to participate by the DOD?

Bowser didn’t ask for more guardsmen until 1:30 pm on 1/6, at the earliest, once the crowd had descended upon the capitol and it became clear the original force wasn’t going to be enough. Hogan wasn’t contacted until about 2:45 pm that day.

Bowser didn’t ask for more guardsmen until 1:30 pm on 1/6, at the earliest, once the crowd had descended upon the capitol and it became clear the original force wasn’t going to be enough. Hogan wasn’t contacted until about 2:45 pm that day.

Why would she ask for guardsmen in advance? I thought this all amounted to the same political games that 12 democrats played in January 2001 or Barbra Boxer played in 2005? All the experts were saying “this is political theater and will ultimately be an annoying procedural delay in the senate chamber. Both sides are exactly the same!” Who could have predicted there would be an attempted coup!??!

Don't forget that Rob Reiner said that Donald Trump wasn't his president on MSNBC.

Yep

It’s just another chaotic DemocRAT-run city out of control.

Whut we need is sum law an’ order Republicans a runnin’ thangs.

Back