• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

I mean we've all listened to MDMH for 4 years, it's not hard to see how that results in 4 more years of Trump. Liberals are unlikable. Thanks, MDMH.

Win or lose its crazy to me how close it will actually be. Even a complete Biden victory will only be a few points here and there of key states. There’s two America’s, and one is batshit crazy. Like I get a 2016 vote, you can play the I didn’t know what would happen I was optimistic, but now you know exactly what you will get this time. Like pick your topic and it’s been a shit show, number one being 1000 deaths a day, it’s so many deaths that I don’t think people even can quite comprehend what that means when it’s stated. Like not to make light of the Terrorist attack in Austria that killed 4, but our domestic terrorist President killed 135 times that yesterday, and that is actually considered a good day. Throw in the indirect consequences of businesses closing, job loss, food scarcity, etc... and it’s really just fucking sad.

Maybe America just thinks you suck

Crazy change in Wisco just now, hopefully Biden is able to build on his new lead in the state. Why on earth am I a finance major, I haven't been this nervous and entertained since the World Series in 2015 (let's go Mets).

i see i made the right call going to bed at 10:30

Almost every single toss up has gone R, even a couple lean D's went R. This is amazing to see.

Well then indulge me again and tell me why campaign managers should utilize a predictive model that fails to account for knowingly flawed data.

I’m starting to think that maybe you didn’t choose to leave academia so much as you were too dense to hang.

the thing that I'm most annoyed about today is that the voting turnout increased, but the proportions didn't. I really thought that increased participation would lean more blue. Instead, I'm left to face the very official realization that approximately half of our countrymen are racist, misogynistic pricks, who couldn't care less about their fellow man. I'm sure some of you who voted for Trump seem like nice enough people in a face to face conversation, and I'll continue to have conversations with you - but I will not believe you when you say you're none of those things. If you care more about the economy than how black people are treated, YOU'RE A RACIST. If you care more about tax cuts than the fact that your candidate disrespects women, YOU'RE MISOGYNISTIC. If you care more about immigration than stopping COVID, YOU'RE A PRICK. I'm not going to pretend these things aren't true, and don't ask me to. Clearly, you're okay with it. If you have managed to delude yourself into believing that you're just a misunderstood patriot, I'm not playing along. If you want to live in a fun house, where mirrors tell you you're skinny when you aren't, that's your call - but I'm not participating in your stupid crap.

If you voted for Trump, you are racist, chauvinist, and uncaring; at a bare minimum you're one of the three. You know it and so do the rest of us. Don't ask me to pretend otherwise.

We’re a deplorable people.

I guess we’ll get the government we deserve...and the founders set us up for...thx Electoral College and Senate.

So Biden still clings to some pretty narrow chance to pull this off but in a contest that’ll be litigated to death.

At best we get a still dividend and dysfunctional congress with a decent human, Biden, in the WH.

At worst we get four more years of unchecked and undoubtedly escalated degeneracy from Trump.

Either way, Republicans aren’t paying the price they should be for their utter dishonesty, malfeasance, and Trumpism. I guess we’re going to have to suffer a good bit more first...?

Back