• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Lol the stretch of guests on CNN went Kasich (how’d Ohio do, bud?) chiding the left, a Jeb Bush tweet they read aloud, a Boris Johnson tweet they read aloud, and a Rachel Maddow interview.

Then they read a message from Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter only to ignore it and talk about when we'd hear from W. They could have spent time talking about Jimmy Carter handled defeat and then went on to devote his life to public service. They could have talked about how he is a model for one term Presidents. No. They instantly shifted to "What will W say?"

This is why the left and Democrats in general need their own messaging apparatus. From a House Democrats press secretary to an organized social media messaging presence.

Then they read a message from Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter only to ignore it and talk about when we'd hear from W. They could have spent time talking about Jimmy Carter handled defeat and then went on to devote his life to public service. They could have talked about how he is a model for one term Presidents. No. They instantly shifted to "What will W say?"

This is why the left and Democrats in general need their own messaging apparatus. From a House Democrats press secretary to an organized social media messaging presence.

If the D's don't have a message, the R's will write it for them.

They have MSNBC.

My lesson is this: Trump juiced his turnout to the absolute max- he found and convinced everyone he possibly could to vote for him. And it wasn't enough. Not even close. There are a lot of good people in the United States and they (we) don't care for assholes.

Except that Mark Robinson is the Lt. Governor of NC,

Trump may be the logical and ultimate result of decades of GOP fearmongering, racial codespeak, and all the rest, but Gingrich was one of the main harbingers of Trumpism, as well as a complete sleazeball and awful human being, even by Trump standards. A total shitstain of a human being. He has a massive ego and desperately wanted to be president himself, so it is nice to see him now as a faded has-been pol who has been reduced to defending Dear Leader on occasional appearances on Fox and an opinion piece or two. He's now nothing but an elderly right-wing hack and a joke, like Rudy. So fitting.

100% to all of this. #FuckNewt

They have MSNBC.

I turned to MSNBC and there was a former Republican Congressman leading the coverage. When I turn it on in the afternoons, it's a former Bush staffer.

MSNBC is a mainstream media outlet that does not do what the Republican messaging system does.

I turned to MSNBC and there was a former Republican Congressman leading the coverage. When I turn it on in the afternoons, it's a former Bush staffer.

MSNBC is a mainstream media outlet that does not do what the Republican messaging system does.

Not to mention that liberals don’t get their news monolithically from MSNBC. Tons of liberals watch CNN, listen to NPR, read NY Times, etc. and the journalists at those outlets are going to say things their own way instead of following what the Democrat Party wants them to say. Fox News has had a total monopoly on right wing messaging.

Lol the stretch of guests on CNN went Kasich (how’d Ohio do, bud?) chiding the left, a Jeb Bush tweet they read aloud, a Boris Johnson tweet they read aloud, and a Rachel Maddow interview.

CNN interviewed Rachel Maddow?

For District:

I like the receipt someone posted.

Where can I watch rubes cry and get trolled?

Not in my town, there've been some impromptu concerts and sing-alongs in public spaces. Just a good mood all around.

There's not an absence of rubes though, the next town over had a small protest about Biden cheating, with like, 3 attendees.

Just thought I'd let y'all know the quad is rolled. Like more so than after the Duke basketball game last year.

Not to mention that liberals don’t get their news monolithically from MSNBC. Tons of liberals watch CNN, listen to NPR, read NY Times, etc. and the journalists at those outlets are going to say things their own way instead of following what the Democrat Party wants them to say. Fox News has had a total monopoly on right wing messaging.

That's me. I've watched more CNN and MSNBC in the last week than I've watched in the last 4 years. I normally watch no MSNBC, and the only CNN has been Cooper with Sanjay Gupta with rona updates over the last several months. I'm more NPR, BBC, Atlantic and Politico.

As for your last sentence, we'll see. It's certainly true to date, though there is OAN and RT - the latter for folks who want it straight from the source. But I'm interested in seeing what Trump's relationship with Fox is like going forward. He could join it and have his own hour, or maybe he ends up blaming them for his loss and going elsewhere. After all, he was irate at them calling AZ, and he hates being fact checked by Chris Wallace. If he does the latter, Fox could take a big hit.

Saw it pointed out somewhere, but imagining Trump blowing $100M of his (or someone else’s) money to try to start Trump TV only to see it fail like everything else he does because Murdoch makes it his personal life mission to make it so will be hilarious.

Even if he goes elsewhere or starts his own network, it’s definitely going to be only a short term hit to Fox’s audience. No way Trump can actually build a successful broadcast network, he only has the attention span to tweet. All those people will be heading back to Fox sooner or later.

That's me. I've watched more CNN and MSNBC in the last week than I've watched in the last 4 years. I normally watch no MSNBC, and the only CNN has been Cooper with Sanjay Gupta with rona updates over the last several months. I'm more NPR, BBC, Atlantic and Politico.

As for your last sentence, we'll see. It's certainly true to date, though there is OAN and RT - the latter for folks who want it straight from the source. But I'm interested in seeing what Trump's relationship with Fox is like going forward. He could join it and have his own hour, or maybe he ends up blaming them for his loss and going elsewhere. After all, he was irate at them calling AZ, and he hates being fact checked by Chris Wallace. If he does the latter, Fox could take a big hit.

Same. Podcasts and such, too. Part of the Dem messaging issue is that Dems don't really like overt organized propaganda like Pubs do. Pubs have one tight message for any event. Go on any network and every Pub is saying the same thing. Go on social media, they're all tweeting the same thing. It's hard to fight a party of lemmings. Media just fall off the cliff with them and normalize it.

Last edited:
Back