• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Why would I apologize? For saying there was no evidence of widespread election fraud? For saying Trump shouldn’t keep filing frivolous lawsuits? For saying Pub congresspeople shouldn’t object to the electoral count?

As for “normalization,” if you can’t appreciate the fact that Dems have undermined the office of the presidency over the last 20 years and contributed to the divisiveness that permeates our politics through their actions, in ways I’ve pointed out, then I suggest you look inward, not to me. Even when I agree with the Dems on this board—as, when it comes to Trump, I do more often than not—I think the “Dems good Pubs bad” mindset that permeates this board creates a blind spot for pretty egregious hypocrisy.

Also, fuck Trump. I thought he should have removed from office in the impeachment proceedings about a year ago, and, for his actions today, I would like to see Congress move swiftly to remove him from office in the next 14 days.

Antifa and Soros and microchips, amirite?

Gotta love all these brave souls resigning from the WH 2 weeks before they’re out of the job anyway

Somebody fill me in on what Hawley did. And I agree someone should dump a bottle of Texas Pete on his eyeballs for saying irregardless

He desperately wants to be president and thinks that sucking up to Trump is the way to get there, so he tried to one-up Ted Cruz by being the first Senator to announce he'd try to overthrow the election. Basically he tried to out-Cruz Ted Cruz.

Or if you're talking about what he did just now, he curled up in a bit of a ball after the events of today, so limited his objection to the voting law passed by Republicans in Pennsylvania, claiming it was unconstitutional or something. But did it all while staring at the camera, cause Trump's watching, ya know.

He desperately wants to be president and thinks that sucking up to Trump is the way to get there, so he tried to one-up Ted Cruz by being the first Senator to announce he'd try to overthrow the election. Basically he tried to out-Cruz Ted Cruz.

Or if you're talking about what he did just now, he curled up in a bit of a ball after the events of today, so limited his objection to the voting law passed by Republicans in Pennsylvania, claiming it was unconstitutional or something. But did it all while staring at the camera, cause Trump's watching, ya know.

You left out then he was then schooled by the Senator from Pennsylvania.....

Just certify the fucking votes and get out of there. Enough fucking speeches.

Thank you Dick Durkin. That weasel Cruz tried to compare today to the Hayes-Tilden commission, which was part of a shameful political arrangement that led to a century of Jim Crow. Fuck Ted Cruz.

Not only did that commission lead to the infamous Compromise of 1877 and Jim Crow laws and the removal of all elected African-American politicians in the South and the poll tax and all the rest of the post-Reconstruction ugliness, but it's no wonder that Cruz loved that commission so much, as it voted along strict party lines to give Hayes the presidency by one vote, and clearly stole the election from the Democrat Tilden, who by all counts was the rightful winner.

Did you hear what he said on the Senate floor.....? Probably not....

Unless he called for the removal of Trump or resigned, I don’t care what he has to say. And you’re the guy who didn’t vote because”both sides” are equally bad right?

Woah Lindsey shitting on Cruz’s horrible 1876 analogy and all the conspiracy theories

Did not see that coming.

So Trump will probably always have his core base; however, I dare say today torpedoed any chance of him running in 2024. Even most of his toadies are running away from him now. I'm not sure he's going to even have that much clout going forward. Hopefully early November was the beginning of a really bad rest of his life.

So Trump will probably always have his core base; however, I dare say today torpedoed any chance of him running in 2024. Even most of his toadies are running away from him now. I'm not sure he's going to even have that much clout going forward. Hopefully early November was the beginning of a really bad rest of his life.

Yet he’s received more votes than any republican candidate in the history of our country. That’s not going to go away. All this bullshit today is the same bullshit with him since before he came down that stupid fucking escalator.

Back