• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Elon Game Thread

I wouldn't say they did anything "very well." They had under 100 yards rushing and 2.7 yards an attempt.

"Wouldn't say they did anything well????" WTF. Passing game 32/40 for 393 yds and 6 TDs with Jamie tying school record. True frosh 4th string goes 5/5.

worth mentioning that roberson had a really nice game

Two almost great end zone TDs two straight weeks. He will learn to get a foot in bounds soon enough.

How did Perry look?

Nice job by the Deacs to secure 4-0 start, get some young guys experience, and emerge without any more key injuries. Otherwise I don't think anybody knows for sure how we're gonna fare thru the remainder of the schedule. It certainly appears that FSU, Lville, State, Duke, BC and Syracuse are beatable. Clemson is a guaranteed loss. Clawson will prove himself a superstar coach if he can manage to get the team to play well in all the winnable games left. I am concerned that our o-line is not going to hold up well for the rest of the season against the better competition and our November schedule. We'll see.

As of today Wake will be favored in basically every game they play other than Clemson (obviously) and FSU is a tossup (they're looking very good so far today).

Nice job by the Deacs to secure 4-0 start, get some young guys experience, and emerge without any more key injuries. Otherwise I don't think anybody knows for sure how we're gonna fare thru the remainder of the schedule. It certainly appears that FSU, Lville, State, Duke, BC and Syracuse are beatable. Clemson is a guaranteed loss. Clawson will prove himself a superstar coach if he can manage to get the team to play well in all the winnable games left. I am concerned that our o-line is not going to hold up well for the rest of the season against the better competition and our November schedule. We'll see.

Our line did pretty well against UNC, and they have the best d line in the ACC. At least that's what I heard.

Really good Driven interview with Clawson. He is not only a great football coach but an overall great guy. Wellman actually got one right

Grobe was a good hire he was just too loyal to his assistants to a fault.

Agree. We need him or Hinton to have a monster game next week against BC (assuming Hinton is back). The future is definitely bright at WR.

Right now Wake has at least three guys capable of 150 yards receiving. Nightmare for pass defenders because Jamie has been good at finding the guy with the least coverage.

Two almost great end zone TDs two straight weeks. He will learn to get a foot in bounds soon enough.

How did Perry look?

I thought Perry looked great good hands. With his height I'm hoping he can take Scotty's place next year.

Right now Wake has at least three guys capable of 150 yards receiving. Nightmare for pass defenders because Jamie has been good at finding the guy with the least coverage.

Yeah, it’s impressive. Jamie is very poised back there and our O-Line has been great as well. If we can get some shorter slant routes going and maybe involve the TEs, it will open the run even more. Good problems to have. Hope we dismantle BC next weekend. Let’s GO Deacs!

Did anybody else kind of think our defense wasn’t playing that great and then looked up at the board and realize they really were? Elon barely did anything after the first quarter.

We have a chance to have great year. Not Clemson great, but great for WFU. Let's see if we can pull out the close games coming up. BC should be a good test. If we can win that one a 10-2 season seems possible.

We have a chance to have great year. Not Clemson great, but great for WFU. Let's see if we can pull out the close games coming up. BC should be a good test. If we can win that one a 10-2 season seems possible.

I thought Perry looked great good hands. With his height I'm hoping he can take Scotty's place next year.

Would love for Perry to get on Freudenthal’s weight gain program. He could use and extra 15-20 lbs for next season.

worth mentioning that roberson had a really nice game
Murfreesboro NC should be proud of this young talent. He’s got great hands, runs great routes and has moves to get free for YAC. Needs more throws. Time to take advantage by spreading the ball around even more.

I don't think you have to worry about BC. Wake should win by a couple of scores, at least. In order for BC to have a chance, they need to have more designed runs for Anthony Brown, like they did in the second half today. His accuracy is horrible and they need him to do damage with his legs. On the other side of the ball, this might be the worst BC defense I've seen. They lost a lot to graduation and their best returning defender (LB Isaiah McDuffie) is still recovering from a torn ACL and hasn't played.

I don't think you have to worry about BC. Wake should win by a couple of scores, at least. In order for BC to have a chance, they need to have more designed runs for Anthony Brown, like they did in the second half today. His accuracy is horrible and they need him to do damage with his legs. On the other side of the ball, this might be the worst BC defense I've seen. They lost a lot to graduation and their best returning defender (LB Isaiah McDuffie) is still recovering from a torn ACL and hasn't played.

You still got AJ Dillon though and he’s a beast. It will be a tough game.

The Wake-BC line will be very interesting. My gut says -9.5 but when was the last time Wake was that big a road favorite in conference play? Maybe -7 or so? Entering this week in Sagarin we are -11.5 at BC and in the recent metric we're -19.5

Back