• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official FIFA 15 thread ( all platforms)

iodeac

Reaction score
FIFA 15 dropped last night, my copy should be arriving at some point today. Post here with your username/gamertag/whatever and the platform you play on and I can update the thread. Also post your impressions of the game, tips, etc.

Some changes I'm hoping to see:
- Lesser ability to play overagressive, pressing defense with no consequences (players never get tired). Fifa 14 was frustrating in that you never got time or space on the ball, even in your own third.
- Fix the OP lobbed through balls and headers off of corners/free kicks

RIP being able to play with Luis Suarez on the Liverpool side. Plus side: no more hideous away unis.

Can someone explain FUT, and who uses it? I mostly play Seasons.

Xbox One
K$ (Buckets)
redsoxfaithful (RedSoxFaithful)
bigburrito deac (timdunkandthefunk)
LAWSONIANWONDER (Screamindemon3)
Justicebork (justicebork)

Xbox 360
Runnerdeac (I/O Deac)
iTz xK MiLL (DemonDeaconz)
DeaconSlim (DeaconSlim2.0)

PS4

PS3
deacvision7 (deacvision7)

Last edited:
Xbox 360 -- iTz xK MiLL

I mostly play seasons. Made it as high as division 2 this year. "Retired" in division 3.

My copy will be arriving via Amazon either tomorrow or Thursday.

Xbox 360- LAWSONIANWONDER

Do not have FIFA'15 yet. Looking to pick it up when I get a XBONE sometime soon. I'll probably rent it though for 360 so through me under that for now.

Tell me what you think of it. Fifa is the only sports game I'll buy on release date.

91aa34db05bf99443359c336ccf39287.jpg

Its....beautiful

I was waiting for this to drop to buy the PS4. Looks like that'll be happening this weekend.

does EA sports actually manage to make soccer not boring as shit?

does EA sports actually manage to make soccer not boring as shit?

"Electronic Arts announced today that FIFA Soccer 13 has sold more than 4.5 million copies worldwide in its first five days on the market. According to the publisher, that makes it the highest-selling game launch of the year.

Two years ago, but they must be doing something right.

So, what should I do?

1) Pick up a copy today for the 360 at 59.99 and wait till late November to buy a XBONE/FIFA'15 bundle
2) Suck it up and buy the XBONE and FIFA'15 today
3) Do nothing today, wait and buy the bundle in November

Why delay the inevitable? Option 2 if you have the $$$ for it.

Rent it for 360, buy the bundle in November?

Really like it so far, and it plays differently than 14 (in a good way).

I'm also a sucker for good music in a game and the soundtrack is pretty awesome so far.

I bought it for PS4, but I don't currently own a PS4. Hopefully I can pick one up this weekend.

Can someone explain FUT, and who uses it? I mostly play Seasons.

I've been playing FIFA for the past 6 years or so. The past two years I have played FUT exclusively.

You acquire players for your team either through buying whole packs of players or though buying specific player cards. These purchases are made through coins that you earn by playing games. Like seasons mode, you play 10 game seasons. You have the option of playing online or offline seasons. At the end of each season, you get a coin bonus based on performance.

Packs can be purchased either using your acquired coins or with real money, but buying packs is for suckers. People spend hundreds of dollars of real money opening packs hoping to find a Messi, Ronaldo, Zlatan, etc. This is dumb. Much smarter to build a team by buying specific players. I use http://www.futhead.com/ to plan out my teams and track the prices of cards I'm interested in purchasing.

I admit the whole card/packs concept sounds a little weird. I was never into magic or any of those other card based games. But I enjoy how much flexibility FUT gives you to create a team that you want to play with.

There is a bit of learning curve with everything going on in FUT, but I highly recommend giving it a try. I'm happy to give more detailed advice/help if needed.

Really like it so far, and it plays differently than 14 (in a good way).

I'm also a sucker for good music in a game and the soundtrack is pretty awesome so far.

Any early indications as to whether the aggressive D or through ball issues have been corrected?

Only played one online match so far, but the times my opponent did press I was actually able to exploit it and make a couple of really good passes. The one thing I liked is that FIFA 14 would never let me make accurate through ball passes and I was able to do it successfully a few times tonight. Will post more as I play around with different people, and maybe I'll test out FUT tomorrow.

I'm going to swing by Pentagon City mall on my way home and pick it up for XBONE.

Usertag: bigburrito deac

I heard they got rid of the little bars that show you if your opponent's connection sucks before the game starts. Terrible move if true. Probably did that to make more money out of FUT. No bars means more DNFs, which means lower coin bonus from each game, leading dumb people to buy more packs with real money.

Back