• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official FIFA 15 thread ( all platforms)

hahahaha

Sale? I WOULD BE LOSING MONEY BY NOT BUYING IT NOW

why do people keep using fun and realistic in the same sentence? Seems like soccer would be in need of the NBA JAM version.

so I suck at this game, I am playing as the Sounders in Career mode for the 360. Just on Semi Pro level. i win most games but i feel the level of difficulty is too low but I know if I up it I will lose. Any tips on defense or good shooting? On D I seem to always just run by the player with the ball. Also, is there a way to shorten the season? I like the game but dont want to play 40 matches to get to the playoffs. I also dont get the scouting/transfer thing but that could just be because I am only a few matches into the season

so I suck at this game, I am playing as the Sounders in Career mode for the 360. Just on Semi Pro level. i win most games but i feel the level of difficulty is too low but I know if I up it I will lose. Any tips on defense or good shooting? On D I seem to always just run by the player with the ball. Also, is there a way to shorten the season? I like the game but dont want to play 40 matches to get to the playoffs. I also dont get the scouting/transfer thing but that could just be because I am only a few matches into the season

In basketball terms, here's what I do for defense: hold the RB button to bring a double team on the player with the ball. Then use the guy you are controlling to clog the passing lanes. For scenarios where you have to manually defend (one on ones down the wide part of the pitch) I hold the Left trigger to "shuffle my feet" and when the opportunity presents itself, run in on the dribbler to steal it.

On offense, I can't help you. I'm awful at it. I feel like the keepers save everything.

You can shorten the length of each match which would essentially shorten the season or at least the amount of time you have to play.

Well sonofabitch...brokedown and bought it the other day on sale on Amazon.

Just realized you can't play Pro Clubs or create a Virtual Pro on the 360.

Fuckityfuck.

Creating a player may be similar, but they don't improve through career mode very much.

Well sonofabitch...brokedown and bought it the other day on sale on Amazon.

Just realized you can't play Pro Clubs or create a Virtual Pro on the 360.

Fuckityfuck.

Creating a player may be similar, but they don't improve through career mode very much.

What's the difference between create a player and virtual pro? That's my favorite way to play single player and if I can't do that on 360 I'll have to by a new system.

What's the difference between create a player and virtual pro? That's my favorite way to play single player and if I can't do that on 360 I'll have to by a new system.

Virtual Pro, you start a player, and you can't just make him awesome/99 across the board. You select Height/Weight/etc and then start out as a low-level player. You can either add that Virtual Pro to a team and play as that player through a career, or play in Pro Clubs. Either way you go, you get bumps to attributes by completing certain tasks (i.e. 25 successful slide tackles in your career = +1 Slide Tackle attribute) or (Finish game with >50% stamina = +2 Stamina rating).

It's a way to control your own growth and challenges you to complete certain tasks...they get really indepth too like 10 shots off the crossbar or 15 complete back heel passes. Certain things add to attributes, certain things add skills or specialties.

Creating a player, you can adjust and select every attribute/skill, and have a 20 year old that starts out 99 across the board...but that's dumb.

What are Pro Clubs?

Pro Clubs uses the above Virtual Pros, and you join a Club with other Virtual Pros and compete as a team against other Pros. It's a lot of fun and is basically 11-on-11 co-op. You can play individual Pro matches online, but most of the time you end up with 11 strikers and no one wants to play defense or keeper...but if you can get with a good group of people where everyone finds a position and plays together it can be a shit ton of fun. That's also a way to build up other attributes (ex. If you have a CM or Winger, you can play on defense and get the defending attributes built up to become a more all around player).

But...that's not available on 360 or PS3, just XBONE, PC and PS4.

"First game of the season, first win of the season."

Yeah, I'm used to hearing that.

Also, I love that they automatically placed me in division 8 due to my levels in other FIFA games. Like being placed out of remedial shit in college.

So there's not a mode for you to build a player from the ground up on 360?

People are so dumb and predictable. I bet I've scored anywhere from 5-7 goals just from picking off rushed keeper passes in the 20 online matches I've played. Just run into the passing lane and it's a free goal unless they press X, which is maybe 20% of the time.

So there's not a mode for you to build a player from the ground up on 360?

I mean you can create a player, and set all of his attributes low, and then play with him, but that's relying on the game engine to provide you with steady growth through a career.

I still can't figure out what I'm doing. I purchased the Career Pro attribute boosts through the catalogue thinking the created player that I started a Player Career with would see those boosts, but he hasn't. Not sure if that's just for the Virtual Pro that is only available on XBONE and PS4 or what.

Thanks. Looks like I'll be playing 14 until I bite the bullet and by a next gen system

Back