• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

05LGrRU.png

:rofl:

I was 90% sure that Manning's remarks were self-serving for his Tulane talks.

The fact Dan is regurgitating the Goodman report is troubling for those who would be disappointed with the hire.

Dan's article is just recapping the Goodman tweet and the Tulsa article from last night.

Perhaps Dan is just writing that quick blurb so he's not accused of dereliction of duty? Maybe he'll pen a follow up article with some scoopulation later today (doubtful I know) or maybe he's just fucking with us cuz he knows everyone has already overreacted to the Manning rumors.

Dan's doing his job as a reporter. Not every story deserves a declaration of approval or disapproval.

Asst Mike Hopkins of Syracuse no longer an option at BC...but Jim Christian not yet offered per Goodman. Things getting heated up early on April Fool's Day.

Dan's doing his job as a reporter. Not every story deserves a declaration of approval or disapproval.

Wrong one sentence saying manning would seem to be a lowering of expectations would send enough of a message.

Cuonzo Martin to BC? Naw, just kidding. It'll be interesting to see if there is an unknown candidate "in the mix" at BC who ultimately gets the job.

Like Marshall to Wake Forest. Ronnie gonna punk all you bitches!!

Wrong one sentence saying manning would seem to be a lowering of expectations would send enough of a message.

No. It's not the job of a beat reporter to poison the well before the guy has even interviewed for the job. If had an actual list of candidates and an actual confirmation that anyone had been offered the job, maybe he could comment that it looks like Wake is moving on. But to say the guy is a second tier or backup candidate is not constructive.

Maybe in a MTOW post.

I don't think Dan knows much of anything about the search. Manning confirmed himself as a candidate in the Tulsa article. It's Dan's job to let his readers know that happened. Reading into as anything more than is just not correct in my opinion.

Doesn't mean Manning won't be the guy, but Dan's AP clipping doesn't mean anything in my opinion.

Back