• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

No. It's not the job of a beat reporter to poison the well before the guy has even interviewed for the job. If had an actual list of candidates and an actual confirmation that anyone had been offered the job, maybe he could comment that it looks like Wake is moving on. But to say the guy is a second tier or backup candidate is not constructive.

Maybe in a MTOW post.

I agree. I really don't want Dan going down this road any more than he already has with the ******* situation.

The Flow plane is going back to Palm Beach. I think we can move on from any speculation that this was related to the coaching search. Probably vacation

The Flow plane is going back to Palm Beach. I think we can move on from any speculation that this was related to the coaching search. Probably vacation

Probably forgot a toothbrush and had to go back and get it.

xSna2tm.gif

Everyone is reading way too much into the Manning stuff. RW said he'd be reaching out to "national basketball leaders" or whatever. This is what happens when you do that - people say "You should give so-and-so an interview," and the AD does it as a favor. It's a way of giving up-and-comers experience with the interview and coaching search process so they're more ready for a future opening. It doesn't mean he's actually being considered.

The way I read it, RW has found his guy and is going through the typical charades that accompany announcing your hire. This happens every year.

My out-of-the blue candidate that I'm putting out there: Lawrence Frank. I, of course, know nothing. But I could see it happening.

On average, the past 10 WF Mens Basketball Head Coach hires have won 0.1 NCAA tournament games in their careers prior to coming to Wake.

So it's to the point where I find myself warming to the idea of Danny Manning. I mean, he's from Greensboro; local HS and AAU coaches would probably eat up his shit and send all their blue chippers our way, right?

Sweet Jesus this sucks.

So it's to the point where I find myself warming to the idea of Danny Manning. I mean, he's from Greensboro; local HS and AAU coaches would probably eat up his shit and send all their blue chippers our way, right?

Sweet Jesus this sucks.

This is the TRUE Wake Forest Way.

On average, the past 10 WF Mens Basketball Head Coach hires have won 0.1 NCAA tournament games in their careers prior to coming to Wake.

Which for me just re-raises the question: where in the world is Benjamin Clark Howland?

I don't even know what to say at this point.

I know we are trying to rationalize this like we did Bzz, but I am going to just accept Manning is our next coach.

Where's Howland? Going to Cal.

I'm going to throw out Geno Auriemma.

Ron's going to be the one to get him to jump to the men's game after they roll through another championship season. Geno wanted to outlast Pat Summit and cement his claim to the throne, and is bored without her and wants to move on to a new challenge.

(of course that's not happening, but it would be amazing)

Last edited:
Back