• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I have really enjoyed reading post-Bz gloves-off Dan. I always assumed he felt that way, but damn.

The only way that Ron Wellman hits a home run by hiring Danny Manning is if he grounds one across third base and it rattles around in the corner long enough for Wellman to leg out an inside-the-parker. He's going to have to lay down some serious tracks to convince a fractured fan base looking askance at his every move that a coach who has all of 67 games as a college coach under his belt is the man to pull the Wake program out of the morass into which it has found itself.

Just do a find and replace with our previous coach and Danny Manning: http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/050510aae.html

LAY DEM TRACKS

Not even close. Manning was also an assistant at a Top 5 school. He recruited Burger Boys.

He's still way down our list but has a much better resume than the guy from FGCU.

Maybe you should research Dooley's background a bit more before flipping out.

1244644016_lucky-guy.gif

tumblr_m3bvygVsRm1qemjtyo1_400.gif

This board is making me very unproductive lately and that truck wheel has me LMAO. :rofl:

I like the rewrite of the Collins article.

Message sent Dan. Good work.

Like how Disco Dan takes a couple of shots at Welly and then assuages the fan base's undying thirst for some analysis of the Manning smoke. Danny is probably just the smokescreen to set up Mack in the event we have to go to our "floor" of candidates.

Getting into the late innings, but we ain't dead yet??

Not even close. Manning was also an assistant at a Top 5 school. He recruited Burger Boys.

He's still way down our list but has a much better resume than the guy from FGCU.

You realize that Dooley was an assistant at Kansas and is on record as recruiting more than just Perry Ellis, right?

Good column by Dan. He gave us the facts about Manning, good and bad, and reiterates what it would take to bring back the fanbase.

Ole Dan is quite the baseball fan and he makes an excellent point:

"The only way that Ron Wellman hits a home run by hiring Danny Manning is if he grounds one across third base and it rattles around in the corner long enough for Wellman to leg out an inside-the-parker. He's going to have to lay down some serious tracks to convince a fractured fan base looking askance at his every move that a coach who has all of 67 games as a college coach under his belt is the man to pull the Wake program out of the morass into which it has found itself".

Back