• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Still bad news though right? Wouldn't be meeting at all if we were close to hiring someone better.

Yeah not good news, but I don't think it's bad news. I don't think we're anywhere close to hiring anyone - unless we offered Manning.

If there's anything today or tomorrow it's going to be that we hired Manning.

So bad... If their actually meeting with Manning that means there's no one else out there... and even HE might turn us down...
I don't think it quite means that. I do think it means that Manning's a serious, but not necessarily top candidate. If Manning is #3 on the list Wellman should interview him now if he has the time to do so.

Man, fuck this, should have hit refresh before I posted. I'm out!

Last edited:
anyone who posts about Jay Wright to BC should be banned from the thread and sent to #DenCity

donaldross thinks we should have hired Wojo, Hatch thinks he's at Notre Dame, and Shah, Flow, and Sutton were all on board with [name redacted] so I'm going to go with no.

:smh

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...est-meets-with-tulsa-head-coach-danny-manning

ETA: Ron met with Danny yesterday.

Positive takeaway: It's still uncertain whether there's an offer, but Manning is a legitimate candidate to take over for Jeff [Redacted].

large.gif

I don't think it quite means that. I do think it means that Manning's a serious, but not necessarily top candidate. If Manning is #3 on the list Wellman should interview him now if he has the time to do so.

I really hope you're right. But my impression is that Manning must be pretty high on the list and more that just an initial "are you interested" contact if Wellman is actually meeting with him. Especially this late in the search. Would lead me to think all those top tier hires have for some reason or another not panned out.

Manning sits down at WF presser this afternoon to announce that Shaka Smart is coming to Wake, capping off greatest April Fool's joke in sports history.

Alright, he would rarely turn down Tulsa for Wake. Hell reports from Deman are that he flew to Winston to chat with Wellman, so he's definitely intrigued. if Wake can't get the head coach from Tulsa, then we're fucked.

Back