• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I wish Dan would redact ******** name in all future articles.

i still disagree with this. he and wellman don't deserve a pass. take your lumps for the disaster of the last 4 years. his name should become an internet meme. a cautionary tale. it should never be forgotten.

yes, i am holding a grudge. especially if this search continues down the path we all fear... (test) that wellman has [name redacted]'d this hire.

Ole Dan is quite the baseball fan and he makes an excellent point:

"The only way that Ron Wellman hits a home run by hiring Danny Manning is if he grounds one across third base and it rattles around in the corner long enough for Wellman to leg out an inside-the-parker. He's going to have to lay down some serious tracks to convince a fractured fan base looking askance at his every move that a coach who has all of 67 games as a college coach under his belt is the man to pull the Wake program out of the morass into which it has found itself".

Yep. And I don't think Wellman can run that fast anymore. Back in the day, he could hit a pop fly and tell everybody it went over the fence. Can't do that now.

That article just means Manning talked to Wake, something we already knew.

I still think the "Wake is interested" story is from Manning's side. I bet we met and talked and that's it.

News of Manning's interview is not what I was hoping for when I jumped back into this thread...

That article just means Manning talked to Wake, something we already knew.

I still think the "Wake is interested" story is from Manning's side. I bet we met and talked and that's it.

Still bad news though right? Wouldn't be meeting at all if we were close to hiring someone better.

Don't worry - it won't be long till Wellman's name is also redacted here. Of course the revamped Coliseum or the court itself will likely be named after him.

Any confirmation on Jay Wright to BC besides BC page?

Back