• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Burger+King.jpg

This thread is beginning to smell of inbound MELTDOWN. A great spectacle awaits, like nothing ever seen on a Wake Forest sports board before.

I think the consensus for those of us who are realists is that there isn't a need for Shaka or VCU to comment on anything officially at this point because they would have to do that for every single job out there since he is a major target. Ultimately, we will hire someone and it will be obvious at that point that he is not coming here.

Did I miss the "Shaka Smart confirms he is not interested in Wake Forest" post anywhere in the media. Can't find the official lost hope of Smart in the 600+ Pages of this thread. Can someone please direct me to that so I can stop hoping.

It's in the same media report confirming that Wellman met with Smart and offered him a contract.

If as some some have suggested CP3 and Duncan have voiced their support of Manning isn't in good taste to at least make it appear that we're giving serious consideraton to a candidate their in favor of even if he's a ways down our list? I will be more than disapointed with a Manning hire but if it's just to keep some of our favorite son's on board with the process then that would make some sense to me. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I consider myself a fairly advanced critical thinker, and I can't understand this post for shit

Don't feel bad - I tried to forget it. Embarassing. I love CP3 but we retired the jersey of a player who scored less than 1000 points for us and never led us to a truly meaningful victory?

Oh God you donks who only think "meaningful" games can happen in March are part of the problem

This thread is beginning to smell of inbound MELTDOWN. A great spectacle awaits, like nothing ever seen on a Wake Forest sports board before.

Yup. Fully unadulterated meltdown is coming. We're on virgin ground.

death-star-destroys-alderaan-o.gif

Think he's saying we're interviewing Manning just to give CP3 and Tim a bone and keep those two in our good graces.

Danny Manning ‏@CoachDManning Mar 23
Just picked up the Big King Burger @BurgerKing so I can #watchlikeaking today. #MarchMadness
Details
Danny Manning ‏@CoachDManning Mar 22
hey @BurgerKing, I deserve to #watchlikeaking because Tulsa is going to the Tournament! #spon pic.twitter.com/m23k0UNS9C

At this point I almost want us to just go ahead and hire Manning just to witness the meltdown. Not sure if that's learned helplessness, battered-wife syndrome, reverse-schadenfreude, or some other affliction I should probably consult with my physician about.

Remember when FishDemon melted down on Scout and gave away his home address and SSN? Now picture everyone on this thread melting down in a similar fashion.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

What if Manning were still the top assistant at KU. Would you feel better about him?

I'd feel like we should have hired Orlando Antigua, which is the same way I would feel if we hired Manning with his two years at Tulsa. In other words, I value Antigua more highly than I value Manning even with Manning's two years at Tulsa.

Alright, he would rarely turn down Tulsa for Wake. Hell reports from Deman are that he flew to Winston to chat with Wellman, so he's definitely intrigued. if Wake can't get the head coach from Tulsa, then we're fucked.

He had to take the interview in order to come back and get a deal. He said Wake was interested basically in the same breath as he said he was sitting down with the Tulsa folks to talk the future.

At this point I almost want us to just go ahead and hire Manning just to witness the meltdown. Not sure if that's learned helplessness, battered-wife syndrome, reverse-schadenfreude, or some other affliction I should probably consult with my physician about.

This. I'm also fearing the possibility of looking to Steve Alford for my basketball fandom related positivity when we slip farther down the rabbit hole of basketball irrelevance.

I don't know what will happen, exactly, but I trust that it'll be Moonz's finest hour.

If we had gone out and said that because of [Redacted] and the last four years we do not have the money to hire a top tier coach then the meltdown would have been much smaller if we hire a candidate like Manning. To not say anything about the search but throw out crumbs that money is no object, we are looking at a home run hire, Shaka could be settling, the meltdown is going to epic. Ron Wellman's head will be demanded on a silver platter and the entire athletic department needs to be burnt to the ground.

Back