• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Agree to disagree here RJ. Track record does not equal two good years in an average at best conference. If he had a bad year next year he'd be nowhere near our list.

He WAS nowhere on our List. Asinine hire. The donks running the Athletic Dept need to go.

Pretty cool that Danny Manning openly refers to himself as an NBA great in his twitter bio. Nice to see that type of confidence.

Tulsa is 5-10 over Manning's two years against top 100 KP teams, they have one top 50 win - over Louisiana Tech.

Lousiana Tech is 10-8 over the last two years against top 100 KP teams, they beat Oklahoma this year in OT.

Tulsa is 5-10 over Manning's two years against top 100 KP teams, they have one top 50 win - over Louisiana Tech.

Lousiana Tech is 10-8 over the last two years against top 100 KP teams, they beat Oklahoma this year in OT.

I guess that's why the Kruger talk was a smokescreen.

238hh4.jpg

Who cares about one game? I don't.

Who has Manning beat? Tulsa is a vastly better program than La Tech too.

Winning big "one games" is pretty important in the grand scheme of college basketball.

And from your answer La Tech hasn't beaten anybody of any significance in Mike White's tenure. GOT IT.

Winning big "one games" is pretty important in the grand scheme of college basketball.

And from your answer La Tech hasn't beaten anybody of any significance in Mike White's tenure. GOT IT.

I actually just didn't care to look it up actually. Again, who has Manning beat?

IF we finally make the tourney again at some point, and advance at least one game, prepare for an obvious collision course with KU. Selection committees seem to love the student-mentor matchup.

But hey, at least then we would've made it to the tournament and advanced a game.

But, but Ronnie says they don't look at potential match ups when doing the seeding! Cue the Jen Lawrence gif!!

At this point...please for the love of god just get Mack in Winston and sign him.

We expected the same from redacted this year. Manning does not have the years of familiarity with these juniors and he didn't recruit them. The bubble would be nice but I think that is best case scenario.

Dude we should have been bubble THIS year. We crapped the bed. The reason Bzz was fired is because he didn't MAKE the NCAA this year.

Now with Travis gone, etc. and a team full of Jrs. I think the bubble is a reasonable expectation. I also agree with, gulp, RJ, that Manning does need time to bring in some of his own players. He needs an impact recruit. And he probably needs some of these rising Jrs to think they won't play and should consider leaving - although he need not shove anyone out the door.

Back