• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Shaka hasn't said no yet. We have been balls to the wall after him the past couple of weeks. He's dragging his feet and we needed a contingency plan. There is still a small chance Shaka has a revelation and becomes our coach. A Very small chance.

I would guess he said no on Sunday, which is why Wellman met Manning on Monday

You don't think that he'd want to tell his team that he's leaving before he gives a Wake presser?

I'm just thinking that we probably want to make the announcement before the Wake Will event in DC tonight.

Donations went up at the Wake Will event the day after the [Redacted] "resignation" and they probably want to influence another spike tonight. I bet the rumors that Manning will be announced tomorrow leak out through WFU sources before 6pm at the very least.

I'm just thinking that we probably want to make the announcement before the Wake Will event in DC tonight.

Donations went up at the Wake Will event the day after the [name redacted] "resignation" and they probably want to influence another spike tonight. I bet the rumors that Manning will be announced tomorrow leak out through WFU sources before 6pm at the very least.

Did Hatch send an e-mail to the donors chastising them for celebrating [Redacted]'s termination?

Just ask your peers that have no ties to Wake but keep up with CBB their thoughts on Wake hiring Manning.. I promise you will hear one of these responses:

1) "Seems like a really underwhelming hire. What has he done to deserve a coaching job in the ACC?"
2) "I remember Danny Manning, that guy could play"
3) "I think it is a good hire....for a school like Wake"

I honestly think our team enters next season as a possible bubble team....I don't think we will get a true gauge on Manning as a coach for several years until the bottleneck of 8 juniors move on and he gets his own kids/system in place.

Maya Smart voted for Obama

I also think that this article gives Manning some serious leverage. He knows Wake can't afford to be publicly turned down by Manning at this point so he can bump the price up a little IMO.

Yup. Basically Manning played us by making the public statement after getting the offer. We're getting a guy without any experience, who doesn't hit any of our AD's supposed check marks, and who played us in the press to squeeze out more money. Perfect.

Now, I'm "just sayin", what if he decides to stay at Tulsa? What does that say about our job and where would we look next?

Did Hatch send an e-mail to the donors chastising them for celebrating [name redacted]'s termination?

No, that was just the students that rolled the quad.

They rolled it with toilet paper instead of money paper. RUDE STUDENTS

Shaka hasn't said no yet. We have been balls to the wall after him the past couple of weeks. He's dragging his feet and we needed a contingency plan. There is still a small chance Shaka has a revelation and becomes our coach. A Very small chance.

First of all, it's hilarious that anyone would just take what "babydeac" says and believe every word of it. Secondly- The 7 man class that committed to [name redacted], committed to him because they liked the man. They trust him and they respect his knowledge of the game. Everyone who automatically assumes the team/fan base/faculty and staff, etc hate [name redacted], you're all mightily wrong.

No one who posts these inflammatory remarks about our administration knows ANYTHING about what goes into the decision making of hiring,retaining or firing a major level coach. You morons who bash our players, coaches, and fans, are doing nothing but harming the future of the basketball program and University as a whole.

The 50,100,200 shit heads who have funded for a billboard and newspaper ads to publicly humiliate anyone attached to WFU mean absolutely nothing to the team, the university, or anyone involved with MSD. You are not claimed, and you are not respected by anyone outside of your "silly little club". You never will be, even when you jump back on the bandwagon when we are winning again.

I have always been and will always be closer to the university than anyone who posts on these boards, including "babydeac", for a multitude of reasons. I have more inside information then any of you protesting lunatics could ever imagine having, and I would never share such information with any of you. This will be my last post on these boards, at least until the trashy redneck filth is taken out and there are some signs of maturity and understanding on these forums.

Sincerely,

Creamy

WE TOOK THE FILTH OUT!!!

If it's Manning I'll definitely support him. Maybe putting the cart before the horse but one reason I wanted Smart or Marshall was that maybe they would come, win and stay a long time and build a legacy. If manning is successful, he would be on a short list of candidates for the Kansas job when it opened. Smart and Marshall would not have the lure of returning to their alma mater. Oh well, whoever it is, just win.

Donations went up at the Wake Will event the day after the [Redacted] "resignation" and they probably want to influence another spike tonight. I bet the rumors that Manning will be announced tomorrow leak out through WFU sources before 6pm at the very least.

There will be minimal to no spike in donations for a Manning hire. There's the presser a nice sitdown with Dan and gird up for the unexpected with what happens with our 8 man classs.

Yup. Basically Manning played us by making the public statement after getting the offer. We're getting a guy without any experience, who doesn't hit any of our AD's supposed check marks, and who played us in the press to squeeze out more money. Perfect.

I'll take Marshall's "back up the brinks truck comment". At least he owns it.

Back