• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

iba2kJ7uos4ywx.gif

Guys, you have my word if we hire Shaka I will banish OldGoldAndGrobe and MistyMountains to their own thread.

If you could also get rid of the goofs that think all these gifs are funny that'd be great also. What a bunch of boobs! Why don't you clowns take it to the Scout board where they could care less about what happens here.

Best thing this board can do is chill out and not explode over every piece of (non) news. Dont listen to Deman, don't troll the VCU board, don't email every news outlet asking about stuff. Just let it all play out. As my 8th grade English teacher told me "everything is there, when you become aware".

Yep. Stay calm.

Another night of silence from Shaka is really good news. If he was staying at VCU, or at least not entertaining the idea to leave, he would have made an announcement yesterday after news that Marquette and Wake were in contact with him. He didn't. Silence is great news.

If this happens, I believe the VT hire had a little to do with opening the purse strings a bit. That and the past 4 years can make a spender out of the tightest penny pincher...

That hire may have increased the pressure but the money for a big hire was always there for this search. The BoT and Hatch are not concerned about the AD turning a "profit" when it comes at the expense of their pet project, Wake Will. Many donors, both young and old, made it clear future support for a campaign aimed at furthering the elite nature of the Wake would be hard to justify without Wake showing a commitment to excellence in the most visible Department in the entire University. A stalled Wake Will is not worth a million or two less per year for the basketball coach. Wellman's ego is not the biggest ego involved in this hire.

Info is still really tight but what I've heard is quite encouraging versus what was the perception last week. If nothing comes out by Friday, then it is time to be concerned. Until then just sit back and try to enjoy being even remotely excited about Wake bball for the first time in almost 4 years

Last edited:
The rest of the country's "WTF?" reaction if we somehow landed Shaka would be priceless. Still would be shocked on my end, but I'd love to be wrong.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24466354/hirings-and-firings-2014-college-basketball-coaching-changes

Wake Forest

Out: Jeff [Redacted]. Wake Forest fans will be happy. [Redacted] resigned after four seasons in Winston-Salem, going 34-60 in his first three years followed by a 17-16 campaign this season. He never won more than six ACC games or finished better than ninth in the ACC standings. [Redacted] replaced Dino Gaudio. This job immediately becomes the most attractive vacancy on the coaching carousel, given its recruiting base, facilities, and ability to win. Expect names like Ben Howland and Jeff Capel to pop up.

If you could also get rid of the goofs that think all these gifs are funny that'd be great also. What a bunch of boobs! Why don't you clowns take it to the Scout board where they could care less about what happens here.

43323.gif

It would be the perfect reaction to begin another round of march madness.

O and the stuttering and fumbling of Bilas and Katz nevermind VCU fans .... priceless master card commercial material

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Beware fake twitter accounts/info

James just became my favorite poster.
And the douche who wants to get rid of gifs can GTFOH.

Back