• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I was just thinking about that. Might've cost us dearly.

How so? The tournament hadnt even started yet and the only job that has been filled that is remotely competition is VT. Waiting a week didn't matter at all.

worrying-gif.gif

How so? The tournament hadnt even started yet and the only job that has been filled that is remotely competition is VT. Waiting a week didn't matter at all.

Will you feel the same way when Tennessee and Cal open up this week and we still don't have a coach?

Hey Mods, get your "ban" button ready. Once tomorrow comes there gonna be a whole lot of BS floating around. Hope you Plan To Ban.

Will you feel the same way when Tennessee and Cal open up this week and we still don't have a coach?

But again, you'd have to think our top targets were all coaching in the Tournament and we would have had to wait regardless. If we fired Bz a week earlier, were we somehow going to hire Shaka or Archie BEFORE their teams played in the Tournament?

At the time we made the move, all of our potential candidates except Howland were getting ready to start the NCAAT. Getting rid of [Redacted] 5 days earlier was not going to change that. Further, who knows what initial contact was made prior to letting Bz go. I dont think the timing has made any impact at all.

But again, you'd have to think our top targets were all coaching in the Tournament and we would have had to wait regardless. If we fired Bz a week earlier, were we somehow going to hire Shaka or Archie BEFORE their teams played in the Tournament?

At the time we made the move, all of our potential candidates except Howland were getting ready to start the NCAAT. Getting rid of [Redacted] 5 days earlier was not going to change that. Further, who knows what initial contact was made prior to letting Bz go. I dont think the timing has made any impact at all.

You both make good points. I guess all I'm saying is waiting a week to punt Bzzz didn't help the search process.

I, for one, think Miles would be a good choice if we miss out on our first tier. I mean, he took f'n Nebraska to the Tournament in his second year. I think he could end up being a Clawson-like hire. My biggest concern is that his whole career (at least at the D1 level) seems to be based in the Great Plains region.

I would assume that it's much easier to apportion university resources into a coaching search, not just AD resources, when the guy you're replacing isn't still the official coach.

Back